2018 Audi SQ5 Premium Plus MSRP $65,180 MSRP, $685/mo, 12k/36m

Hello everyone,

I’m a new to leasehackr, and I want to share my lease deal. I just wonder if I made a good deal.

2018 Audi SQ5 Premium Plus
Navigation Package
S sport Package
Cold Weather Package
Fine Nappa Leather Interior
Bang & Olufen Sound System
Carbon Atlas Inlays
Audi Guard Protection Kit
Cargo Cover
Audi Care included

**MSRP (Window Sticker Price): $65,180.00
**Gross Capitalized Cost: $62,915.43
**Capitalized Cost Reduction: $5,185.00
**Adjusted Capitalized Cost: $57,730.43
**Monthly Payment: $685.00 including tax
**Cash Due at Signing: $4,117.00 including 1st month payment, all fees, and tax
**MSD: None
**Incentives: Audi Loyalty Incentive and Audi Summer Sale Event

**Months: 36
**Annual Mileage: 12,000
**Residual: $39,436.50

**Region: NY

1 Like

Did you already lease the car?

Yes I did.

If you already leased it, don’t worry about how you did. Enjoy the ride!

3 Likes

I’d like to get some feedback. My brother wants to lease Audi, and probably I can help him out.

1 Like

If you want honest feedback then the answer is, your deal is bad. Minimal discount, plus you put cash down which is a no no. You also have the option with MSDs with Audi which would help lower the interest. Search the forum for other SQ5s deals.

3 Likes

Sorry but your discount before rebates should at lease be 10% off MSRP, even on the SQ5. Depending on your region, you could get closer to 12% off. My local dealer in Chicago is at least 13% off almost everything. And I agree you should NEVER put that much cash down on a lease. Remember, that cash doesn’t go towards equity like a car purchase. You’re just prepaying rent essentially. And if that car is totaled, you don’t get that cash back. Please reach out to the forum before you sign. Have your brother research the SQ5 lease forum on Edmunds, then post his lease offer here and we’ll weigh in.

4 Likes

You put down way too much and your discount was weak.

Pretty bad deal. But now you discovered LeaseHackr so you won’t make the same mistakes next time.

1 Like

What is Audi Guard Protection kit? I don’t know the market on Audi’s other than the general statement that they don’t usually lease well at this time but, it is an S Model, so maybe demand is high in our region? I, like you, pay my NY tax up front as 8.625% is quite high enough (and I don’t worry about insurance payouts because it’s easy to furnish your insurer with enough information to establish a higher retail value—provided you don’t get basic cars and we’re not talking crazy upfront money).

Well, I don’t think it’s any worse than any non-hackr average deal. The SQ5 is a really nice vehicle, and I haven’t seen any 1% deals on SQ5s on the forums.

That’s not true - the program on the sq5 is one of the strongest audi lease programs. At the right time of year, with the right discounts / rebates + MSD, a 1% deal is possible.

3 Likes

Audi’s are a terrible value. You can get everything that is on this car, in another brand, for $400~ a month.

Not sure on the going rate for this car, but did a quick search on here and found $605. Not the same type of deal, but in the ballpark for what you paid.

I agree there are better values than Audi. But Audi doesn’t subsidize their leases as much as brands like Infiniti, because they don’t have to. If you like Infiniti styling, sure you can get an incredible value lease with every feature available. But for my money, I think Audi nailed their design, so it’s worth the extra money to get what I want. I cannot stand the current styling of the Japanese brands, so it doesn’t matter how cheap they make their leases.

And yes, low $600’s is the best I’ve seen on an SQ5, albeit one with few options. You can get close to 1%, but it takes a heavy discount to get there.

Audi 's today are fine, I would consider leasing something like the Q5 but the long term reliability of the brand is still crap. Resale value sucks. If I was to go back to a German luxury make, I would return to BMW. Don’t care for FWD and quattro as good as it maybe, RWD is better for driving enthusiast. Furthermore, if brand cachet is what you’re after BMW is still the superior brand.

As for infiniti, they’re not a tier one luxury brand ala Acura/caddy. There’s only one Tier one Japanese brand.

I’ve owned Audi and driven BMW. Never liked BMW for spirited driving (E90 and newer). Always felt the steering to be numb and handling floaty.

Always preferred Audi balance in driving. It was just engaging enough, but never super sporty. I enjoyed it enough in regular commuting and then spirited driving. My experience has also been that Audi is generally more reliable… At least, the issues that are pervasive arent as catastrophic as those in BMW vehicles. RS cars are still more reliable than M Performance cars.

However, everyone’s individual experience will be different… That’s just mine.

Link to a similar vehicle for $400/month?

1 Like

Moniker aside, I think you know as well as I do, there are plenty of SUV’s that fit the bill for much less. The bottom line is this is an expensive car, and not a great value when compared against others in the segment. If I had $800 to spend on an Audi, I would put $400 back in my pocket and get a Stelvio.

1 Like

Just a side point, not for NY residents no matter where you buy

Obviously OP’s deal is too high, but I’ve seen SQ5’s for under 1% and never anything close on a Macan S, GLC43, X3 M40, etc

I’d take a Macan S, for $800 a month. :grin: