2017 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Manual - $183/mo plus tax

Oh, that makes it even better. Guess I’ll just call the dealership.

Bad Only if you want to buy it at lease termination. If you could find a 100% residual, your payment would be $0.

Only depreciation cost would be $0. Acq fee and rent charges would still need to be calculated/paid. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yes , Yes, you know what I mean…

What would rental charge be on zero depriciation? :grin:

So on this case there would be no possible positive equity?

If both sales price and RV is $50k and MF is .002, rent charge would still be $200/month.

1 Like

Dah! :slight_smile: [20 chars…]

I haven’t seen a list of dealers online. Maybe US Bank would tell you the closest Toyota dealer you work with if you called?

So why is this leasing so terribly if it has such a high residual value? Even without discounts I would think it should lease pretty well, is MF that high?

Different lease companies have different rv and mf.

everyone has high residuals on this car though right, what does Toyota financial have it at

In July, Toyota Financial Services was at ~67-69% with a .00220 mf. US Bank was at 84% with a .00135 mf, so a huge difference.

Found one and a dealer willing to do similar deal, picking it up tomorrow. Not as great as OP but $228/month all in. It was a little less MSRP. I hope no last minute switches by dealer. Will report back. Did you get any of the extended protection toyota offers, they have something covering wear and tear $5000 over cap with no deductible?

1 Like

The rental charge is the MF x (net Cap Cost + RV) so if the net cap cost = RV it is 2 x MF x Net cap cost.

No real equity at full term on the MT with these 83-84% RVs. Dealers will discount the new ones ~7% off MSRP so it isn’t realistic to assume 10% depreciation over the 3 years of use and mileage.

US Bank uses ALG RVs and ALG has very few auction data points to accurately forecast the MT Tacoma trims. TFS has much more data on Tacoma but it is still thin data. CULA is a few points below US Bank on the MT but higher than US Bank on all the AT Tacoma trims.

If you are dead set on a MT Tacoma and don’t have any desire to drive it hard or keep it at the end of term, you can’t beat US Bank. But anyone else is better off leasing Tacomas through CULA. $1k wear and tear waiver comes with the CULA lease at no charge which comes in handy if you actually use your truck as a truck. Plus mt Tacomas are rarely ordered by dealers so you’ll have to really hunt one down and hope that the dealer is signed up with US Bank.

1 Like

Congrats on tracking down one of these trucks! I didn’t get a wear and tear waiver. I usually figure I’m better off pocketing the money and self-insuring for things like that, but if your lease is also through US Bank, it may be worth considering based on the lease return experiences that other people have had with them.

Thank you OP. After my trade in factored in I am at $88/month tax included. I didn’t take the $400 us bank protection as it only covered dings not scratches. Super nice truck and as op stated the manual gives it pretty cool sporty feel actually.

1 Like

@RVguy what is CULA, excuse my ignorance?

CULA facilitates leasing programs for credit unions. They provide the RVs and the CUs provide the rates and capital to lend out to lessees