2017 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Manual - $183/mo plus tax

only lease a city truck. you would be crazy to lease a work truck that you know will get beat up. especially if you have employees beating on it.

2 Likes

Has anyone replicated this deal? Or gotten close? My credit union doesnā€™t currently offer leasing finance so I have to open a new account. Does anyone have a suggestion for a bank to do this through so I donā€™t have to use US Bank (donā€™t want to after reading that experience post).Although I looked around and that residual is higher than what Iā€™ve seen/heard of. Thanks.

1 Like

Great find OP. This is the kind of stuff leasehacking is about

2 Likes

RVguy posted on another thread that CULA has similar residuals and mentioned a dealer in New Jersey that runs leases through Visions Credit Union. If thatā€™s not in your area, maybe he could point you to another Toyota dealer signed up to do CULA leases.

Thanks, not looking at the moment.

I found one in my neck of the woods. What issues are you guys having with US Bank? Do you think its worth it if I can get similar numbers? Thanks

I found a manual same as op, best they want to do for me is $489/monthā€¦yeah

Me too I am looking at 450. Are you using US bank or through toyota financial.

There is a link further up the thread that shows a user with experience using US Bank and was frustrated with the experience.

I told two dealers us bank but they will not even look at that. None of the other dealers have manuals.

I read the thread and even though it doesnā€™t sound good, it is just one bad experience. Iā€™d be willing to take that risk if I can replicate op.

Agreed. Iā€™d be willing to go to the same dealership as OP even tho itā€™s a 6 hour drive. Same Bank and dealer same deal right?

Iā€™d do 6, I see they have some manuals online. Unfortunately it is a 13 hour drive for me.
These dealers around me donā€™t want to even talk about anything US bankā€¦or they donā€™t have the manual Tacomas.

Yeah, Iā€™ve only seen 3 at 10 dealers Iā€™ve looked at. Manual is dying out.

The residual and mf changed slightly for August (now 83% and .00140 on the TRD Sport Manual), so at the same selling price and other terms the payment would be ~$14/month more. Iā€™m about 7 hours from Columbus myself but couldnā€™t get close to the numbers locally. I worked out the deal via email, had them FedEx me the paperwork, and notarized, signed, and FedExed it back so that everything was ready for me when I got there.

Another option would be to find a local dealer that works with US Bank in your area (seems like Sonic dealers generally do) and see if they can trade for a manual from another dealer in your area.

As for the downsides of US Bank, itā€™s probably safe to assume that theyā€™ll be less forgiving of any wear and tear than Toyota Financial Services would be. If thatā€™s a concern, you could set aside $50/month during the lease, which would give you $1,800 for any lease end charges, and still come out ahead by quite a bit.

Wow, so you had everything shipped and walked in and grabbed the keys? Why am I not doing this right now?

Yup ā€“ I found a $150 Southwest flight, took a 20-minute Lyft from the airport, got a quick rundown on features of the truck, and hit the road.

Wow. Now first step is to call that Bank. Thank for the info. Iā€™ll update to let you guys know how it goes.

The dealer still handles all of the lease paperwork and submits the deal to US Bank. I didnā€™t have any direct contact with the bank.

So one dealer was giving me BS that a high residual is bad for the customer. I looked I am pretty sure its not right?

1 Like

And i cannot find a single dealership that takes USbank