2016 Hyundai Genesis AWD lease for $193. Can we do better?

It was the one in Huntington Beach

Can you post your full numbers. What incentives were you given. Thanks.

Wow, great to hear people are getting sweet lease deal across the country. Hyundai dealers in the metro Detroit area have been offering employee pricing since April, so I was looking at one for a while. Unfortunately none of the dealers in my area had a base AWD model in the color combo I wanted, and no one would dealer trade.

So I ended up negotiating employee pricing with a dealer on the other side of the state in Grand Rapids. It was not an easy process, as the sales manager was refusing to give me the base MF of 0.00035 even though my credit qualified for it. Once he finally honored the MF, he added the Wear/Tear package for $499. We argued for a few more days until I got him to apply 3 certificates to my deal and finally reached the lease payment I wanted.

The final deal is as follows:
2016 Genesis AWD base
3 years / 12k miles per year
MSRP - $42,345
Sale price - $38,747
Rebates - $6750
Residual - $24,136
MF: 0.00035
Base payment - $267.70
Final payment w/MI 6% tax - $283.76
Total cash due at signing: $1000

Dealer said they didn’t have any wing trunk emblems in stock, which I thought was funny, but I ordered it from eBay for $8 shipped and it arrived the same day I got the car. Only drove with the H badge for about ten minutes.

Overall this might be one of the best lease deals I’ve ever negotiated. I’ve been getting employee discounts on Infiniti’s from a friend for the past 10 years, and the best lease I had was a 24 month term on a base 2014 Q50 AWD for $280/mo, but that MSRP was just over $40k. Plus the Genesis is fully loaded compared to the bare bones Q50, which didn’t have nav, heated seat, real leather, and had ugly base 17" wheels.

1 Like

Way to go! Awesome that you were able to snag payments under $300!

It sounds like you did have to fight tooth and nail but ultimately got a stellar deal. Very awesome. You picked up the same model I did - hope you love it! Mine has been so good to me. It’s been nearly two months and I still can’t believe it’s mine!

Thanks, I do love the car for what it is: a sporty luxury sedan with killer looks inside and out. It is definitely not a sports sedan, as compared to my previous Q50. But overall feeling of quality and comfort makes up for the difference.

To me, it is the best looking sedan you can buy under $60k. The white definitely makes the lines pop and I love the contrast with black interior, especially after tinting the windows.

My son and I inked a lease deal on Tues. June 28th on a 2016 RWD Sig/Tech 3.8, no miles. Seems to me like the Sig/Tech is the way to go: lots of value in the two packages, less so in the Ultimate, IMO.

We used Circle pricing to bring the sales price down to 3+% less than invoice based on MSRP of $47,270. Then we applied $6,400 worth of incentives ($3,500 lease cash, $1,000 Uber, $1,000 Competitive/Loyalty, $500 BoostUp match, $400 Graduate; everything except Military and Mobility). We went 3yrs/36k and nailed the .408%/56% lease numbers. They threw in wheel locks (which I hate, but along with the key they supplied the four non-keyed lugs - yay!), nitrogen-filled Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires, spare kit, interior/exterior “Polysteel” protectant with 3-yr finish warranty (all together, over $2,300 in packs- Sheesh!). With $500 BoostUp deposit, drive-off was $0 at $331/mo ($318/mo, no tax added). Only the $400 disposition fee on turn-in looms (works out to $11.11/mo).

Update: Local sales tax payments were lowered from those assumed by the dealer. (We “garaged” the vehicle in the lower taxed of my son’s address and mine). Final monthly worked out to a hair under $325/month. We’re both pleased, me with the deal, he with the car.

3 Likes

Can we get updated numbers for July? Thanks all hope everyone had a happy 4th.

i believe july numbers are valid until end of today. The july numbers may not be available until later this week

Congrats! Seems like folks are having way more success with Genesis than Optima Hybrid – to the point where some Genesis deals are cheaper than what some have been quoted for an Optima Hybrid!

Any update on this?

I dont see the lease cash $3500 promotion now :frowning: is it dead?

Also interested to know about July numbers and any success (or war) stories in South Florida

Delray Hyundai has some good advertised quotes but limited inventory. I actually got a quote from them in May, but I had 4 payments left on my lease then and they were only willing to roll those over. here is their promo for this month and the quote from may without taking those 4 payments into account

here is the salesman info, he was very upfront with me and so far the best price among other local dealerships.
Michael Shaevitz
Internet Sales Manager
Delray Hyundai/Acura
561-265-0000 x-331
Mobile / Text: 561-267-0463

1 Like

local dealer says there is no $3500 in lease cash, can anyone confirm either way?

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I will call him tomorrow!

Regarding South Florida, this might be of help, but I did it on the last day of June. Trying myself to find out if the lease cash is still available as someone else I know is interested in pulling the trigger in either July or August. Anyways, here’s my deal for a 3.8 RWD with the technology package:

MSRP: $47,470.00
Adjusted Capitalized Cost (including $595 acquisition fee): $38,299.00

As far as I know, I only qualified for conquest and lease cash ($4,500.00 combined) so I guessed the pre-incentive selling price was $42,204.00 (also deducting the acquisition to get to that). Can’t say for sure if they had some other incentive that was applied, but the math works out based on my breakdown so I don’t really care if they shifted some numbers.

3 years/36,000 miles
MF: .00017/residual value 56%
$367 per month (including 6% sales tax, $337 without tax) with first payment rolled in (would have been $357.22 had I paid it upfront).

Only paid $285 up front for tag and title (but should get some of that back from the DMV as it was just a tag transfer).

I was unsure if I wanted the tech or signature, so took offers on both (I use the fighting chance method where I take offers rather than make them) and decided that for the approximately $30 per month difference, the features in the tech were a bargain (adjusted capitalized cost on the signature was $35,318.00, also including the acquisition, for a post tax (6%) monthly of $327 without rolling in first payment, $309 without tax).

Hope this helps.

Loving the car so far. Oh yeah, white exterior, black interior.

ETA: Made the deal at Coconut Creek Hyundai. Checking my offer comparison spreadsheet, Delray Hyundai was my second best offer: $344.49 (signature) & $375.29 (technology) (everything rolled in, including tax and, I’m almost positive, first payment). Just shy of what I agreed on a few miles south but substantially better than the ad from above when factoring in the additional miles. Of course, if there’s no longer any lease cash, the quote in the ad is much more comparable.

1 Like

Here are the numbers for 2016 Genesis 3.8 RWD:

36/10K: 56% residual, .00010 MF
All: $3,750 lease cash
Targeted: $1,000 Competitive Owner/Loyalty, $500 Military, $500 BoostUp, $400 Grad

Michael, any ideal what date this is through? What about Uber? Did that get cut?

I was offered $1000 Uber yesterday in FL.

Valid through August 1, 2016. My understanding is that the $1,000 Uber is for purchases only, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Thanks michael, any info about the residual and MF for AWD ?