2016 BMW 340i xdrive

2016 BMW 340i xdrive

MSRP: $49,145
Selling Price: $41,645 (15% discound off MSRP)
Rebates: $0
Trade-in: $488.10 (prior lease, non-bmw)

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000

MF: .0014
Residual: 58%

Security Deposit: $3,150 (7 MSDs)
Effective MF: .00091
Total Due At Signing: $1,909 (doc, reg, acq) + 7 MSDs
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $449.08

Zip Code: Nor Cal
Sales Tax Rate: 8.25%

Leasehackr Score: 9.6 years

This is my 4th lease, but first time I actually understood what was happening thanks to the great resources on this site. Too bad the residual wasn’t higher, would have been a better deal. Interested in feedback from the forum. This deal was done at the end of March.

Noooooo… Go join AARP and call the dealership and see if they can apply that rebate, if they are nice enough they should be able to redo the paperwork before it’s gone through. it’s another 1.5k and a reduction in MF…

How do you know he’s over 55? :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure there’s no age requirement, a friend of mine joined and she’s just over 40.

You can support old people at any age!

What does it have to do with being eligible to join?

I believe anyone under 50 can join AARP as an associate member and still qualify for the BMW rebate.

Wow, that would be amazing. I think I asked about that and they said I had to be a member for 1 year?

It’s not like AARP does a credit check…

From what I read on bimmerfest and a few other places all you have to do is join and your good.

Do you know if they check the date in which you joined? I have a note out to the dealership. I’ll sign up if they will allow the rebate retroactively, although effective AARP membership date would be today.

Don’t know. Just say your a member and if they would be kind enough to redo the paperwork, if they are a good dealership they will do it for you since it won’t cost them anymore money.

I think it’s only $12 to join, so not a big loss if it fails.

Not sure what that means for BMW rebate:

Membership options, Under 50

People who are under 50 can join AAPR as associate members. The membership, for this age category, is typically statements of support. Most members want to get involved in AARP’s lobbying and advocacy. Associate members do not receive membership benefits and services. The fee for associate members is $12.50.

That’s interesting. I’ve read that people were just joining (say at age 25) and were able to use the rebate… hmm.

Even someone on here used it. I assume she’s under 50 since she states that there’s no age requirement.

Is the AARP a MF discount or a rebate on the car?

Can a dealer refuse to apply the MF reduction/rebate if the deal itself is already heavily discounted?

If it’s a rebate on the car, is BMW somehow repaid this amount by AARP? I would think so but thought I’d ask in case I misunderstand.

It is supposed to be a rebate although I don’t see any mention of it on the AARP site.