Your New Maverick Will Have To Wait

Something to consider timing wise… you may have till 12/31, but depending on dealer/dealership group/manufacturer, their fiscal or sales year may not end till 1/3 (or thereabouts).

@Kctham18 thanks for that, yeah not sure its in my favor, as credit card wise I am limited to the 31st

I doubt a dealer is going to let you do 15k on a credit card. At best a few grand.

3 Likes

Did you say 40%? What AMEX card do you have, because my plat surely doesnt have that?

This. If you’re lucky they’ll let you out on $5k-$6k tops. And given the current market on a hard to get car, they have zero motivation to let you even put that much unless we’re talking a $5k mark up vehicle, which negates the point.

Are you registering the car in CA or OR? This isn’t like an iPad that you can buy in a no tax state and save a few bucks, you pay sales tax for the state of registration. And if you’re a CA resident without an OR address, that means you’re paying CA tax no matter where you buy it.

1 Like

You’re going to get a better deal on an order than any in-stock unit right now…

1 Like

Tax is based on registration address, not where you buy from.

right its not easy, but there are dealers out there, I will likely now expand outside maverick to make it happen. Even at 5k it would still be worth it. But yeah for a car like Mav it is harder then other cars.

@TypeSH @Jon Im aware of this, have father-in-law w OR address that I can buy a car with two names on ownership, and register in OR. Unless this does not work?

Right price wise speaking, but these are examples of those waiting for 6mo+ to get their car, and they opt for some local options

Well that’s just fraud.

1 Like

The first Maverick deliveries took place at the end of September 2021. However long anyone a had reservation (they opened June 8th), the very earliest titled Mavericks have been burning gas for ~90 days.

@HersheySweet didnt know it was, thx for the update

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ford-shuts-off-orders-for-new-20-000-maverick-pickup-11643033093