Your Auto Advocate Demo'ed Leasehackr Calculator

The Your Auto Advocate guys use the LH Calculator to price out a MINI.

Nice plug for LH.

Perfect example of garbage in/garbage out. Why they couldn’t be bothered to even use the correct numbers is beyond me.

And then the whole “well it doesn’t explain what any of this means” line… maybe if they scrolled down and went through the step by step instructions.

11 Likes

I’m sure he is a nice man but he had a terrible showing here.

3 Likes

“Capitalize taxes?”
“Yes. Because in state of Maryland, you have to pay taxes on full selling price and roll into the lease…”

MD forces you to cap taxes…
lol wut?

1 Like

I referenced the LH calculator tutorial video in the comments section, which would be helpful for folks who actually want to learn, you know, “how to use the Leasehackr Calculator.”

6 Likes

I got so pissed I sent an email requesting to set the record straight…

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

My apologies for not watching the video in its entirety before posting, that was a sad display. They could have done better, like they could have searched right there for MF, Residual

1 Like

lol, its funny how they guess all the data then are confused why their monthly payment is off

Selling price? $32,000…
(okay so lets maybe not start with a 24% discount? something more realistic?)

Guesses MF
Uses stock residual
Maybe it was 34,000.

“Hm, its not right and there’s no explanations as to why…” :roll_eyes:

These guys have had some good content (for buying) in the past, and their website is helpful, but they REALLY dropped the ball on this one.

Thanks for posting this, made sure to let YouTube know not to recommend their channel anymore.

I’ve never seen their videos before, but this really didn’t look good for them. Amateurish hour. “Here’s this calculator, let the pros review how accurate it is”… proceeds to guess all the inputs. 32K… 34K… what’s the difference really.

Doesn’t forget to brag about waived acquisition fee repeatedly though, which isn’t applicable to 99.9% of his viewers. The only nice thing is LH plug.

Only 3 comments under the video made sense

The one from @mllcb42

The one from @michael

And the one about the mustache

4 Likes