Young Hackrs? // What got you into lease hacking?

I enjoyed reading this thread and really brought me back to me getting into the car business. I actually got my first job at a dealership, answering phones on the weekend while I was in college at 19. Once the owner put me on the sales floor, he was gracious enough for me to attend night classes. While in grad school I was a sales manager and juggled that as well.

As many have said, the car business can be struggle mentally and physically. It is an emotional roller coaster that one should not take on if you do not have passion for it. Continuing your education can be important and companies do like seeing that you committed to something and finished it.

Now do I think college is worth it? Well… as a person with two graduate degrees and tempted by a PhD, I would say yes and no. I believe companies just want to see that you committed to something and achieved a goal verse the skills you actually learned in school, unless something specific is needed in the job.

I would always keep doors open, even at my age, I like having different doors open and being able to explore them if the time comes to try something new… I never want to have a “job”

8 Likes

This is sage advice. Best on the page, IMO.