You might want to act quickly if you want a Bolt in NJ

H/T to @AA-NJ for breaking the news here first. It does sound like the NJ rebate program is ending tomorrow, or at least being suspended until July at the earliest. So if you are looking for an electric car you have today and tomorrow to complete a deal and take delivery. For anyone here that is still looking for a Bolt I can tell you that Burlington Chevrolet in NJ has decent stock. 7 listed on the website and 4 of those have stock numbers, so those should definitely be on the lot ready to go. I’m not sure about the other three.

I spoke to the sales manager that did my Bolt LT deal back in February. I have no interest in brokering or going back and forth with exact numbers but he told me that he can be aggressive with what he has in stock. He is out of the office this week but gave me the contact information for another manager that can be of assistance on these. I’m not going to post it here so they get bombarded, but if you are still looking for a Bolt in NJ and are prepared to sign today or tomorrow to take advantage of the rebate money you can PM me and I’ll give you the name and email address.

Just to make it clear I’m not brokering anything and I’m making no promises regarding pricing. I’m not asking for any money from anyone here or at the dealership either. I was actually looking for some leads on a Camaro and I figured I’d try to find out if the rumors were true about the rebate program coming to an end, at least for now. Since that seems to be confirmed now (with very little warning), if you are ready to pull the trigger and have all your ducks in a row let me know. As a reminder you’ll need the following to get the best possible deal:

Supplier Code (True Supplier, Educator, College, First Responder, etc)

A Costco membership that was valid when the program started

Any current lease in the household

Hopefully this is helpful to anyone who is still looking. I’ve been trying to confirm this with some other sales managers at stores I’ve dealt with before. If anyone else I speak to is interested in trying to move what they have in stock before the rebate goes away I’ll report that as well.

9 Likes

Confirmed to be ending.

4 Likes

You heard it here first, folks!

6 Likes

Kind of ironic that dealers weren’t willing to be very aggressive in NJ due to this rebate and they may now be very aggressive (over the next day or two) just to move a few. Might make for some great deals :wink:

2 Likes

I was essentially 138/mo on my last one before the rebate, which is still a tremendous deal. The tax savings are huge, but will they be big enough to continue moving them without the state incentive? Do the dealers holding onto these at the moment want to find out?

1 Like

But who will buy/lease one starting Wednesday knowing they just missed out on a 5k rebate that will “probably” be back come July with the new fiscal year? I think most people will pass for now.

1 Like

The dealers I’m working with aren’t lowering the price at all. They’ll go down to a net deal, at which point, if they don’t sell, just dealer transfer to another state!

That may be the case with the Ioniqs and limited supply in NJ but I think the Bolts are more likely to sit for a while because of this.

Yeah, I don’t think there’s a huge market for dealer trades on EVs, particularly in states that don’t have tax breaks or other cash incentives. NY is an option as long as the Drive Clean rebate remains on the table. When you factor taxes in a dealer in NJ might even be on an even playing field with a dealer from NY thanks to the tax exemption.

Yeah I don’t see how demand would go up in other states just because NJ’s rebate is ending or suspended.

Dealers in 49 states keep getting allocations as long as factories are humming, if anything they’ll get slightly more if NJ factory allocations are reduced.

2 Likes

The announcement is rather disingenuous. It reminds people that the rebate was always subject to funds remaining (kinda implying “you snooze, you lose”) but forgets to mention that more than half the funding was taken away in September

3 Likes

Not to mention they posted that today, which doesn’t really give the average person who might be interested any warning at all. I’m sure many dealers don’t even know yet, which is going to cause some problems when they make promises that they can’t keep after tomorrow.

1 Like

And all the buyers coming after that will want dealers/brokers to honor the same price, with rebate. When they can’t/don’t get it… :exploding_head::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Assuming funding returns in the new fiscal year (7/1/21), would someone who purchased/leased something after December 15th be eligible to apply at that time?

Otherwise, they would have to roll out a whole new start date for eligibility and specifically exclude anyone before that date. Could get messy. Or maybe they’ll finally have it set up to work directly through the dealers by then.

My guess is that by then the program will be a direct to dealer incentive, if it returns at all. That was supposed to have happened by now anyway.

2 Likes

A literal victim of its own success! Congratulations to the entire team: job well-done. :clap:t2::clap:t2::battery::red_car::money_with_wings:

2 Likes

Glad I didn’t sleep on the Bolt deal when Costco came out. First residual drop of 2% and now this. I just got my $5k check also at about 3 months after applying, interesting that it had CA address.

1 Like

California already had the programs in place so NJ just subbed the administration out to them.

4 Likes

Is there any chance of me getting a Hyundai Ioniq Today with the Post Rebate Deal?

Today would be your last chance to sign and take delivery. Reach out to some dealers or hit up @AA-NJ for a brokered deal.

5 Likes