You LeaseHackers Are Doing It All Wrong!

So is the Mercedes GLB, and yet we are already seeing lease deals improving for that car. While we basically see nothing at all for the Corsair (and I mean posted deal offers, let alone a decrease in monthlies). ::shrug::

This will be unpopular here but here it goes…if the baby doesn’t cry, will you feed it? There’s no pressure to make the sale like the pressure of having the client in front of you ready to walk.

Some of my best deals as both consumer and broker have been the result of actually making a face to face visit and pressing until the desired result is achieved. Emails will only get you so far and the best deals come at a cost from everyone involved.

Can you handle it?

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

4 Likes

Not at the moment. But when has Lincoln had any cars that reach anywhere near this amount of hype.

But think about M8 competition, M2 competition, etc. when they first came out.

Yes and No. Let me explain.
I joined LH last December. The wealth of information is abundant, as long as you are curious. There are a few newbies you come onto this forum, and expect to be LH “experts” after only reading a few posts without understanding the basics of leasing 101.

I am going to focus on BMWs, since I have seen quite a few crazy deals on loaners being advertised recently by brokers. I believe the highest discount I have seen so far is nearly 20% off MSRP with base MF.

These newbies expect any dealer to accept that much of a discount on any BMW loaner, no matter the mileage, no matter the location, even if they may not qualify for loyalty (as high as $3k), and no matter the time of the month/year.

Hacking a deal does not work like that. Some of these newbies do not want to put in the work. They just kick tires and go about ghosting brokers.

It could be a straight forward process.

TRUTH. Sometimes, folks complicate things.

2 Likes

You guys have helped immensely. I think I got a decent deal on my current vehicle a 2017 optima sx launch package for $325 down, $325/m and they took care of 2 lease payments on the vehicle prior of $295. Trying to work my new lease has been a struggle as inventory is now limited on the car I want but I found a dealer who wants my business. They are offering to locate what I want and still meet my payment. Im not trying to kill them I think what I am willing to pay per month is more than fair. So we will see. Deposit is made, now im waiting on them. I’ve learned a lot I didn’t know before and I appreciate you chiming in!!

Glad we could help.

What car are you looking for?

What is the deal?

A 2020 Blue Si sedan. They’ve been hard to come by in my area. So far not final numbers are $500 (my deposit to get the car) $284 a month and they are taking care of the final 2 payments on my optima ($640 total). With the whole lets shut down the country im going to try and get them to an even $275. Its for a 36/15k lease.

Couldn’t tell you if it was good or not until we have the full breakdown.

Do you have RV, MF, etc.?

I dont yet. Im waiting on them to get me that information… it’s like pulling teeth. The salesman says he doesnt get those numbers, the manager does. Waiting on them now. From what I see on Edmunds the MF is supposed to be .00103 with a residual of 61%. Trying to get them to give me all that info now.

I would start a new thread once you get the numbers.

So you don’t have final numbers and the dealer doesn’t even have the car, but you put a $500 deposit? :man_facepalming:

images

2 Likes

Had to put a deposit down for them to get the car. They wouldn’t do it otherwise. And once I have a final sheet i’ll make a thread.

Disagree. All my best deals have been over email

The world has moved on from anything inperson

There is no situation that is correct 100% of the time. Both methods can be effective.

2 Likes

All of this has been via email or phone. I inquired online, they called, we spoke about 10 times. I told them what I was willing to pay, they called back an hour later and said ok we need a deposit and we will get the car. Once they get the car I will try and work them down more to the number I originally set out for which is a max of $275. Right now they are $13 bucks/m off. Im also going to get them to throw in all weather floor mats as I hate carpeted ones.

How do you intend to “work” them down to 275 without knowing the sales price, RV, or MF? They’re also rolling in your previous payments into your deal.

1 Like

I think you’re being way too hopeful. Let’s wait until you get their offer/worksheet before you make them throw in the weather floor mats.

2 Likes

Where is the ResistAll?