XC90 7 seater purchase, looking for tips

Hi, located in NY/PA interested in purchasing XC90 7 seater 2023 or 2024, loaner or new, B5 preferably, and the question I have is whether the MSRPs discounts and Affinity, Costco, APlan, benefits that I see on brokers pricings can be applied to me if I am interested in purchasing it. Financing it? How to be able to access those stacked benefits on a purchase?

Want to do a pull ahead on a XC60 2021

Thanks for the help!

Look in the marketplace secction. There are a tonne of Volvo posts for your region with good deals.

I certainly wouldn’t buy a Volvo new over those deals…

Most Financing will lose the $7500 EV Rebate (if there is an incentive on the model you want).

Affinity or APlan/ and Costco do apply, but $7500 really hurts on a loss.

Agreed. Sometimes buying makes sense, sometimes leasing does.

Are you taking the lwasehackr marketplace? If so, I am in touch with the brokers. But they are mostly new or loaners… Were you referring to another marketplace, for private sellers?

I’m saying don’t finance a new Volvo, vs those lease deals…if you want a new Volvo.

If you HAVE to own a Volvo, get one used

Yes, I have been struggling with the logic and tradeoffs… A 2021 XC90 T5 with about 20k miles is about $38-39k plus fees… It seems that I can get a new one for about $48k.

The reason I am thinking of buying it is to put in the deal a 2007 Cabriolet 911 that I have and don’t drive. But trying to get a sense first on what I want to bring in… Another options is to lease, but on a comparable basis, using zero down on leasing, it’s about 725-750/month plus $5k of MSDs…

I know Volvo depreciation sucks, same as maintenance, but was thinking of holding it and driving it for long… Maybe buying extended warranty and maintenance pre paid plans through steingold volvo

BMW and Mercedes (owned both) seem to be much more money and honestly I find Volvo to be fine, don’t need to pay the premium for those…

Will test drive Lexus, have never driven one. Found the new LX very nice

The B5 is dreadfully slow. I had one as a loaner and turned around immediately to take the XC40 B5 they offered instead. T8 is the same monthly payment as B6 in Virginia. Explore one of those instead from a dealer a bit south

2 Likes

Moved to B6 based on your feedback!

Thanks a lot! Did the math, agree. Doing the following deal: XC90 B6 plus for 24 months, 10.000/year for 628/month, $1,105 down and MSD 6500.

Thanks a lot for the advice

1 Like

CPO Volvos have a 5 year unlimited mile warranty, and if it’s new enough it might still have some of the maintenance included in the initial 3y/36k miles. From an infotainment perspective, you won’t want anything older than 2019 MY (Sensus, but with the upgraded cpu)

1 Like

b5 volvos do NOT get the 7500 for a lease or purchase

2 Likes

Can you please provide info of the dealer or agent that gave you this deal?

1 Like

Got the dealers on the marketplace and it seems that they could do even better than this… Also, some dealerships seemed to suggest the same. Try shopping a bit more than I did. But I’m happy, waiting for them to close my transaction as so far I provided my info and car has been put on hold

1 Like

A T8 is the same price as a B6 in MD, VA, NC, etc. A no brainer IMHO

1 Like

The new Lexus TX might be the best combination of usability, space and value in their lineup.

1 Like