Xc40 wa rip off? Headed there tonight

Am I getting ripped off this is a loaner so technically not brand new?

Going to pick up tonight

Are you trading your Accord for $1,750?

Yes it’s got 186k miles

How does this compare to the target deal you established before talking numbers with any dealers?

I don’t understand the question

The way that this works is not that you take whatever numbers the dealer gives you and ask the hive mind for a thumbs up. You research based on broker deals, signed deals, and your target cars’ inventory and programs to know what you’re aiming for, then negotiate for that with dealers.

It’s not super conducive to a “heading there tonight” approach.

5 Likes

Then you’re putting the cart before the horse. If you want to effectively negotiate, you need to know where you’re trying to get to. There should never be a situation where you end up with a dealer offer in front of you and you’re unsure if it’s a good deal. Your first step always needs to be to establish what a good deal is for your personal situation and then pursue that.

Yes.

Will that stop you from picking up the car tonight?

6 Likes

I would add that if you want to effectively negotiate, you don’t try to do so after you have a contract that you apparently agreed to in your hand. If you’re going to try to do that now while physically at the dealership about to take delivery, you’re going to have a bad time.

Would have if I didn’t sign before I saw that message.

I had negotiated prior but the finance manager was very sketch, he actually had me E sign the lease without showing it to me even though I asked multiple times, the sales manager called me offering to walk it back and not process it. He had told me several things that were not true by the paperwork. Long story short, I talked to the gm he clarified for me and I ended up signing. I’ll post my deal later and you all can maybe tell me what I did wrong.

“Sorry, but I don’t feel comfortable signing documents until I have a chance to review them in their entirety. If you (or the GM) can send me the contract to look over I’m more than happy to sign it if everything looks correct. Otherwise, I’m afraid that I will have to take my business elsewhere. Please feel free to email me or call me at (XXX) XXX-XXXX if you or your General Manager would like to discuss this transaction further. Thanks again for your time.”

4 Likes

In the future, I don’t recommend making significant financial purchases like this without doing your due diligence. You’ve likely left thousands on the table that would have been spared with a few hours of research.

On the other hand, considering you’re based in Seattle, if you’ve been riding the NVDA or MSFT wave recently, you’re probably doing alright overall. Enjoy the car!

1 Like

Are the people riding this wave out here tryna drive mid size Volvo crossovers?

4 Likes

He was ‘sketch’ because he got you to blow 1800 on a couple add-ons on top of what you most likely overpaid for car. MF probably max mark up too. Oh well try to cancel add ons but you will get push back.

3 Likes

Agreed. Cancel the addons and you’ll likely get a check back. They’ll fight you on it but that’s one way to make it better.

Don’t feel too bad. I can’t speak for everyone- but I have made plenty of mistakes in my past with car purchase. Some lessons in life you learn the hard way.

Just recently, I was getting quotes on EV charger install. I probably would have just gone with my install after two quotes, but thanks to LH peeps, I found someone else and saved myself $800. $800 for an hour of work is well worth it in my book.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.