XC40 Recharge - Signed

XC40 Recharge - Signed

MSRP: $59,305
No MSD
$0 DAS
$584mo(incl. tax)/24mos/10k

Incentives: Costco, medical professional, $7500 EV credit rolled in from Volvo.

10 Likes

What region, and if in Cali can you DM me the dealer info?

Probably not in Cali, if so, would be another $1500 ccfr.

1 Like

Sorry, Southeast.

Wouldn’t it be nice.

Yeah, but congrats on your new ride, it’s a nice car!

Did you compare with this? There is broker fee and shipping on top though.

Looks like about $1008 better, or ~20% ROI on the $5k MSDs, BEFORE the broker fee and shipping. I’m happy with my deal.

Good for you. We don’t have enough info to judge your deal.
His deal does not include Costco or affiliate, I believe. Don’t know if you counted for that.

I’m sorry, what other information would help you reach a conclusion?

Selling price, MF. What does “0 MF” mean? But your deal does look good.

Hmmm. I guess I don’t think about it that way. It seems like you could manipulate those variables many different ways and arrive at the same $x. I AM new to leasing. Should I care on which factor they are making their margin?

1 Like

As a member since the end of 2018, I’m certain you’ve seen people fill out the calculator link and post it here. It’s a great way to see all the levers the dealer pulled to maximize profit and a great way to see how you counter acted all those levers with negotiation, incentives, etc…

Should you care how they arrived at your target deal, no…would it be good to know, yes, and even more helpful to the LH forum at large so that if they are trying to target a similar deal they understand all the levers pulled, YES.

Ohhh, typo. Should read, “0 MSDs.”

Well, yeah. What if you could knock another $30/mo off? But you’d never know without understanding the deal you got. This is why I posted the link to a 9.72% off pre-incentives discount deal for you to compare.

Right, right.

So was that from a specific deal, or just an example of how the calculator works?

No, that is the deal this broker offers. There is shipping and broker’s fee on top of course, as you said.
There is $1,500 DAS also, I missed that. But the main number is the pre-incentives discount.

I personally think it’s always a good idea to understand what the actual deal I’m signing is when committing to a 5 figure obligation. How does one effectively negotiate a deal without even knowing what they have or where they’re trying to get to?

2 Likes

Anyone actually has a lease deal in SoCal? Or a signed deal in SoCal?

I recently started to research a deal for a friend and got a quote for 2k Down and 508+ tax on 24 no and 524+tax on 36 mo. Both 12k miles. Only talked to one other dealer and they couldn’t match. Didn’t really research too hard or try many other dealers since he went with a different model. This is on a 56k MSRP.