X1 Stop Sale Voluntary Recall

Who made the snide comment? You didn’t direct your post at anyone(or more accurately reply to a specific post)

1 Like

I was informed by a dealer today that the stop sale is going back into effect. Not only were parts for the fix scarce, but the fix has been determined to be inadequate, and a new fix needs to be put into place. Good luck getting one now! I was already told 2020s were being delayed until December or January, but this might push them back even more.

1 Like

There has not been an official release from BMW on any delays. In fact, they said that parts will be widely available by the end of this month. The only negative news was that they had to delay shipping because of Hurricane Dorian.

I was told today that they just found out today and none of them can be sold.

1 Like

I have not seen anything today or over the past few days that would suggest that. This is the last update dealers got last week. Now this was true about a month ago. They had a fix that was not approved so they had to find a new fix which was approved.

But if someone else who is a client advisor knows of any info, please let me know.

1 Like

Can confirm.

2 Likes

jfc ffs - just strip the run flats off and crush them all. Six months of mystery for “1% chance passenger may get a booboo in 1% of accident scenarios - we have 3D printed new trim to fix it” and now “never mind - resume stop sale”.

@AP919 thanks for sharing the embarrassing news.

2 Likes

Unbelievable. Ours will probably go back without being fixed.

4 Likes

Seatbelts off + snowy off ramp = potential for BIG $$$$ win!!!

2 Likes

All that and loyalty on the next one! Maybe even on a 79$/mo i3?

spoke to my dealers this morning…nothing showing up on their system alerting them to a stop-sale and parts are coming in daily …

wonder if it’s regional?

1 Like

Interesting. Would love to find out for sure what the deal is.

It may be, I’ve confirmed with 3 Texas dealers now however Midwest showing no such thing.

1 Like

Anyone hear any updates on this? I agreed with the dealer yesterday on an X1 loaner lease, but didn’t take delivery due to the recall. They said they’d fix in a few days from now so I’d take delivery then, but the BMW recall site says “remedy unavailable” for my vin.

I’m not sure about other regions, but the Northeast region is fine, and parts are available for the recall fix.

No wait times on X1s at all, and most are sitting on the lot already fixed ready to be sold.

2 Likes

Alright thanks for the response. I’m in Illinois. Even though the BMW site said remedy unavailable, they did fix the B pillar before delivery and now the website says no recalls.

Bumping up. Has anyone heard an update? I’m getting moved internationally and need to transfer my lease in CA, but with the stop sale, financial services says not possible. So I’m stuck…anyone having a similar experience or any solutions?

The only solution you would have until your car is repaired is to ground it and pay your remaining payments and disposition fee. There is no way to transfer it until your car is fixed. You could attempt a sale private party, but you will take a loss on an X1 almost assuredly.

Have you contacted your dealership to see if you can bring it in for the fix? I find it hard to believe you can’t repair your car at this point via recall.

1 Like

I was under the impression that replacement parts exist and that the X1 can be sold again after being fixed. Call your dealership and inquire about getting the fix completed.

Part are available. We got ours fixed.