Wrangler 392 spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

Dealer should be able to give a build date once you’re far enough along.

1 Like

SOT, tow, GG

Nice little preview for those who has one on order….notice whats #1 on the chart.

2 Likes

Nice, SOT and same color as one I ordered.

Still hoping mine doesn’t come for a really long time. Would be very inconvenient to have a 4xe, G30, and a 392 at the same time.

Would make for a nice stable, best of all worlds

Review was pretty disappointing and also not entirely accurate.

The 392XR does not have a larger suspension lift than the non-XR.

The height difference is only due to the 35 v 33 inch tires.

Also…how do you do a review of the most impressive Jeep Wrangler ever built and not take it off road?

Doug E Fresh has lost me.

3 Likes

Was it a press unit or a Turo rental like most rental? He’d probably be banned from turo for taking it off-road

Could it really be a 2022 Rubicon 392 as Doug D. suggests in the video? With production of 2022s just starting a few days ago, is it an auto journalist/press unit that was built early?

Would seem odd for Jeep to build an early press unit for this when it is effectively just a carryover of the 2021 392s.

1 Like

Hasn’t even started. Was scheduled for the 16th, but the plant shut down the night before waiting on parts for the last of the 21s.

The only good thing about this video is the shirt. Camden Maine is beautiful.

@GoFast - when my next one arrives we should do a joint review and put Doug to shame.

That would be a lot of fun.

We could line up my non-XR 392 and your XR 392 and see the real world difference in the 0-60 run!

2 Likes

That would be an interesting race.

Count me in!

I think it’s might be a press one? Looks exactly like the one Matt Farah drove.

Makes sense since it has Michigan plates

They looked like Minnesota to me

If Michigan it’s a sure bet press car

Definitely a Michigan plate

IIRC, top speed for the non-XR is 99 and the XR is 112, right? Both are electronically limited.

If you look at the instrumented tests for each, both run in the high 12s but the XR seems to accelerate to a trap speed of 104 vs. the non-XR limited to 99/100. My point is, the limiter hurts the non-XR through the 1/4mi. Maybe the real difference between non-XR and XR really is under 80 or 60. Don’t forget the added rotational mass of the XR package wheels and tires; this could offset the gearing.

Totally worth the 5.5 month wait lol

5 Likes

This was for which one?