Would you lease a Demo with more than 5k miles?

There are no cars where a demo is 25% lower than a new one, assuming you’re talking about discount.

If it’s not 17 or 18% with the MF market up, then walk. If it’s not around 15 with base MF walk.

Figure the monthly with the calculator, what looks to be in the realm of the possible, with taxes probably around $550/month, and that should be with no down but fee’s. Then see if they can hit the target, you’re not being unfair, that’s just a generally standard thing. . Depending on where you are, sometimes the market isn’t as competitive, but might be just a few hundred miles away, just pay one of the brokers here for something they have access to, even if you have to fly/drive, you’d pay for it in just 6 months or so.

The $1k test drive credit is an OL code, and it’s composed of $500 out of BMW North America’s pocket and $500 out of the dealer’s. So if you’re getting an aggressive deal, the dealer will almost certainly only give you the $500 discount that comes out of BMW NA’s pocket, not their own.

Also, it does apply to retired demos and service loaners under 7,500 miles, but not “BMW Company vehicles” with over 5,000 miles (that’s from the fine print from an OL code email I got a few days ago).

1 Like

Run, far.

Is it a 2020 or a 2021? I was able to get 13.2% and base MF on a new 2020 540i msport not too long ago, 17-20% with base MF on a loaner 2020 5 series should be achievable.

It’s a 2021.

15%-17% with base would be a reasonable target. Brokers in the marketplace are offering 11-12% pre incentives on new ones.

rgao007, that’s the language that confused me. I read it as no cars over 5k miles, and possibly no demos or loaners at all.

"$1,000 offer valid on eligible vehicles leased or purchased from participating dealers test-driven March 18, 2021 through March 20, 2021 and delivered March 18, 2021 through May 31, 2021. Eligible models include All MY2020,MY2021 and MY2022 BMWs. MINI vehicles and BMW Pre-Owned/CPO vehicles do not qualify. Retired vehicles, BMW company vehicles, Demonstration vehicles and any other vehicle that has accumulated 5,000 or more miles also do not qualify. This offer cannot be used for vehicles previously ordered or delivered before March 18, 2021 and is only valid on delivery of in-stock vehicles. Offer valid to BMW Drive The Competition Experience participants and their family members residing within the same household. Offer valid on final negotiated lease or purchase price and may be combined with other applicable BMW offers that are available at the time of purchase, except, that it may NOT be combined with other redemption code offers from previous events. It also may not be used toward tax, title, destination and delivery charges. Only one redemption code per vehicle may be used. Only valid at participating dealers. Please see your participating BMW Center for complete program details.*

That’s strange, here’s my fine print:

“$1,000 offer is only available during the BMW Spring for Speed Sales Event – March 15, 2021 through March 20, 2021 – and valid on eligible vehicles leased or purchased from participating dealers and delivered March 15, 2021 through June 30, 2021. Eligible models include All MY2020, MY2021 and MY2022 BMWs. BMW Pre-Owned/CPO vehicles do not qualify. Retired Service Loaner and Demonstration vehicles that have accumulated over 7,500 miles do not qualify. BMW Company vehicles and any other vehicle that has accumulated 5,000 or more miles also do not qualify. This offer cannot be used for new vehicles previously ordered or delivered before March 15, 2021 and is only valid on delivery of in-stock vehicles. Offer valid to BMW Spring for Speed Sales Event participants and their family members residing within the same household. Offer valid on final negotiated lease or purchase price and may be combined with other applicable BMW offers that are available at the time of purchase, except, that it may NOT be combined with other redemption code offers from previous events. It also may not be used toward tax, title, destination and delivery charges. Only one redemption code per vehicle may be used. Only valid at participating dealers. Please see your participating BMW Center for complete program details. The BMW name, model names and logo are registered trademarks.”

Interesting. Wanna trade? :smile:

This brings me back to great BMW craze in 2019 where it was like Oprah…“You get a BMW…You get a BMW…you get a BMW!!!” We may never see the day again.

Personally, no.

It is " you get an e-tron" time now.

3 Likes

Ha, I’m assuming you already know they’re non-transferable from that fine print. Strange that two given in the same general time have different terms.

1 Like

How many miles should I expect the standard brakes and 19”RFT tires to last? Are those typically replaced in the first 36k miles?

What maintenance costs should I expect during a lease?

Is it worth buying any of the the prepaid maintenance, wheel and tire coverage, wear and tear coverage, Resistall interior/exterior protectant/coverage, etc.?

I was quoted these prices by the dealer:

Tire and wheel coverage - $2890

Wear and tear, covers up to $5500 in fees - $1675

Windshield protection - $1032

Dents and dings - $927

Term Care - covers brakes and rotors, battery, wheel alignments, headlamps - $2120

Key replacement $500

Maintenance (includes brakes) - $1999

Resistall $1224

Cost to replace pads and rotors (w/labor) - $1800

Tires: $400-500 each

Brakes should be fine for a 30-36k. Will probably need a replacement set of tires. Of course all these (brakes, tires) depend on how you hard you drive. Some folks get their preferred tires not long after getting into the lease and swap back the stock ones for the turn-in.

Not that “interior protectant” - that stuff’s worthless. You don’t really need more prepaid maintenance for a BMW. And the wheel/tire, wear/tear stuff totally depends on how you drive and maintain your vehicles. Hard to say coz it depends on the cost too. Your driving conditions and weather also may factor into your decision.

What’s the break-even on this? A full set of wheels and seven tires in three years?

This is essentially a 30% copay on the first $5,500 in chargeable damages. Losing proposition.

Do you have full glass coverage on your auto insurance? How much is a windshield out of pocket, and how many windshields have you had to replace in your entire lifetime?

Paintless dent repair is pretty cheap. Larger body issues usually involve an accident/insurance.

You won’t need rotors. How much are pads? Battery should be under warranty (my aunt had hers replaced three times by BMW during the warranty period).

Losing proposition unless you need to replace ~2 keys (I’ve never lost a key).

Refresh the maintenance for $100.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

2 Likes

Lease an etron, get a free bolt!!!

1 Like

I wouldn’t get any of this. Replace the RFTs with non rft tires from tire rack (come with road hazard protection anyways), save the RFTs for lease end.

Wear and tear is up to you, personally I wouldn’t. Also why would you need both wear and tear and windshield protection/dents and dings - that’s redundant.

Re brakes - you won’t need it. If the sensor comes on, just get new pads at an independent shop and reset the warning. Also that maintenance package (maintenance+ or whatever) should only be $700. Still not worth it unless you’re in an M car and tracking it.

Your dealer sucks if they’re pushing term care on leases, that’s shady as hell

BMW includes 3 years/36 k maintenance. You might only need to cover 1 oil change which is like 150 or less

1 Like

I leased a BMW demo car with 17,000 miles on the clock. It had some wear and tear on the paint like scratches but nothing serious. It was by far my cheapest bmw lease ever.

CPO lease?

:chocolate_bar: