Would like past auto dealer salesmen, sales mgrs, etc. . . to opine on a recent deal

@Jrouleau426 said I can mop the deck on his mega yacht. He said he is sick of that peasant Robert Pera having a cleaner yacht than him.

4 Likes

Just wait until he introduces a mop-boy survey to judge your performance every day.

2 Likes

Diddlers house is gonna be on the market soon. Maybe I’ll be moving on his island, the choppers have been circling again.

1 Like

I feel like there’s so much more to this story OP hasn’t divulged. Why be so secretive? Afriad the salesman will see your post?

Amazon Studios Questions GIF by Amazon Prime Video

1 Like

Try not to burn the salesman.

Alot of the times they have money linked with csi surveys.

If you have any questions contact the dealership and give them the opportunity to “make it right” then make decisions.

OP has not chimed in once in this thread, so he decides to open up a new thread to link back to this one…

2 Likes

Would like past auto dealer salesmen, sales mgrs, etc. . . to opine on a recent deal

Duplicate thread merged

1 Like

The sales person had the opportunity to “do right” when he set up the deal.

Sounds like the SP F’ed around and now they are about to find out.

NUKE the survey from orbit and make sure to write a 1 star google review calling out, Sales person Finance Manager and Sales Manager by name

2 Likes

If you want feedback on if the lease contract is calculated correctly, post the actual contract, not the 1 page summary write up missing all the important info.

If you want feedback on the quality of the deal, post the actual contract and the target deal you put together prior to reaching out to a dealer.

As others have said, you should post the actual contract with personal info redacted. But based on the info in the attachments provided, there are no add-ons and you got a discount (because Seltos S’s don’t sticker at $26,000). In a vacuum, $3k DAS and $300/mo is hardly the worst deal anyone has seen, but it’s difficult to evaluate those numbers without all other applicable terms. If this is the deal you wanted, and you signed a contract indicating as such, what are you hoping to achieve by asking about your deal after the fact?

You can upload as pictures instead. The vast majority of people are not going to download your files.

Sorry for fumbling and bumbling with this site. First time user and I am obviously having issues with posting and uploading. So this is my last attempt. I have attached the specifics of the lease deal. What’s done is done, MAYBE. I am just looking for people experienced with leases and the math to opine on this deal. It is a 36 month lease / 30,000 miles / $ 300 per mo payment. I live in Lake Co, IL so sales tax should be 7%. I believe I read somewhere that I should only pay tax on the total amount of my 36 payments ( $ 10,800 ) which would be $ 756 . . . correct or incorrect ? Any other observations ?
more detailed lease info as requested.pdf (2.5 MB)

Just reply on the thread that is already started. Just edit your previous posts. We don’t do new threads here for the same subject.

Threads merged again. Please stop making a new thread just to update this one.

Youre paying tax on the total cost of the lease, not just the sum of the monthly payments. That includes your money upfront and the rebates.

3 Likes

Other than the $3,064 cap cost reduction you paid up front, I don’t really see anything in there that would be “give a bad survey” worthy. Do you feel they mislead on on what was the difference between cash down and cash due at signing? They basically got you to hit your $300 month target by having you put more money in up front. It’s a normal practice for car sales to do this instead of having them come up with more dealer contribution (or discount).

In the last couple of weeks I got a new lease where the dealer and I agreed that the Total DAS is $2K.
I have confirmed with the sales person I was working with directly and the finance person that the DAS was indeed $2K.
The amount that they collected from me at signing was indeed $2K.

In the contract I have noticed that in section B line 3:
“Amount to be paid in Cash” is $2973.45
Screenshot 2024-04-03 13.47.25

I asked both the sales person and finance person how come this is not $2K in section B line 3, the same amount we agreed on, they indicated (verbally and via txt) that I don’t need to worry about it all I need to pay is the 2K and the rest “973.45” is rolled into my monthly payment to keep the DAS at $2K.

I looked at a few examples of other lease contracts posted online and I couldn’t find one where the DAS that was effectively paid and the “Amount to be paid in Cash” in section B line 3 do not match.

I would like to know if any of this is normal?
and if the dealer can ask me to pay the remainder $973.45?
(I already took possession of the car)

You can short the COD. That is a primary way to roll cash into a third party (broker)

1 Like

You need to post the first two pages of your lease contract. You’re only providing a small piece. Need to see column (a) as well as how your scheduled payment is determined and the itemization of the gross cap.

1 Like