Would like past auto dealer salesmen, sales mgrs, etc. . . to opine on a recent deal

To anyone interested in taking a look at my 1 page lease deal and opining on it. I would like to solicit a few opinions about whether it looks like a good deal / fair deal/ correctly calculated deal. I live in Lake County, IL where the applicable sales tax is 7%. I believe tax is supposed to be figured on my 36 lease payments equaling $ 10,800 x .07 = $ 756 tax
Bill
Lease contract.pdf (1.3 MB)
more detailed lease info as requested.pdf (2.5 MB)

Anything but a perfect survey is going to hurt the salesperson you worked with.

8 Likes

Please don’t give the salesperson a bad survey if you’re not happy with the deal you negotiated for yourself.

16 Likes

If you bought from @thevolvoguy please record a video of you putting a 1 on the survey and hitting submit.

14 Likes

Why not just post your 1 page deal here with your personal info redacted?

Btw, what is the mystery car and deal you got?

4 Likes

Why did you sign if you weren’t sure about the deal? Did they not give you something they have promised?

2 Likes

The survey should not have to do with the deal itself but rather the experience. If the dealer and you came to an agreement, and they honored that agreement, then there is no reason for you to second guess the survey.

My dealer got the color wrong on my ordered car which took 18 months to get, and I still gave them all 10’s. Because that’s how important it is to them.

10 Likes

Just tell us the numbers and the trim and people can give you the opinion.

Dealer employees aren’t the only ones here who can give you feedback.

If you want employees only, try reddit where everything at msrp is a great deal.

4 Likes

I wish you would have done this before you signed the lease agreement. :cry:
To properly evaluate a lease contract, you’ll need to include the page (usually the second page) where it itemizes the gross capitalized cost. Also, you’ll need to provide your state, sales tax rate, including any other tax rates, and MSRP. All fees need to be itemized. Merely stating $600 worth of admin fees like this won’t cut it.

What does the above admin fee include? Doc fee? Gov fees? You need to show those fees that are taxable and those that are non-taxable in order to compute taxes correctly. PM me and I’ll be happy to review it. I’m not a salesperson or sales manager. Most of them rely on computers (e.g., desking software) to do the calculations for them. I’ve developed lease programs capable of performing all lease calculations that is competitive with the very best dealer desking software.

1 Like

Nuke them on the survey

5 Likes

Why do I have a feeling that this thread is ready to roll off of a cliff.

Show us the figures!
Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

1 Like

Lets just hope OP doesn’t end up here: Worst leases you've seen

I was also wondering why a 12 month term would be viewed as a long term rental, but a 24, 27, 36, 39, etc. are not (?). :smile: Contracts are the same.

Youre Rude Full House GIF

I am pretty sure that might be the push I need to finally jump off a bridge

2 Likes

What are you talking about? Clearly it is up to the salesperson to scour the internet for hours in order to get (insert preferred pronoun here) client a unicorn deal.

4 Likes

Or move on to a client that can afford the car.

I still think we need to get you on a podcast so you can go on a chainsaw and noose filled rant about your favorite customers.

1 Like

I would be fired soooo fast

3 Likes