Worst leases you've seen

How bout this for a 2018 s90 LOL

3 Likes

Yikes. Over 41k for a 58k dollar car.

Ouch, $499/month for a base 320i — and the guy put $7k down…

My dear friend is paying $270/mo on a base level impreza including a $1500 trade in. How does that happen? I’m afraid to ask her for the details, especially since I’ve seen the light thanks to LH.

Her kid’s father works at subaru and gave her a “deal”…

1 Like

This is so far from “worst ever” I think it should be removed.

7 Likes

“Owner no longer capable of driving”

Sounds like someone took advantage of a senile old man or woman.

2 Likes

Shrug- just the worst I’ve personally seen. Thread title isn’t “Worst leases ever on earth”

Right, whatever dealer he/she bought the car from probably offered no discount whatsoever and maybe even kept the factory incentives.

1 Like

Then you haven’t seen much.

3 Likes

With some of the smoking hot 740i deals posted here, you’re not far off being able to get TWO 740i’s for that payment!

M4 for $1799/month

1 Like

That’s more than my mortgage.

2 Likes

Who makes this type of colossal financial commitment, and then 2 months and 700 miles in decides they’ve changed their mind and that they’ll pay another $4k to get rid of it?

Oh yeah, the moron signing up for an $1800/mo payment on a BMW. The very definition of throwing good money after bad.

I’d also like to point out that the lease payments alone are $65k. That’s amazing. This dude must have rolled a ton of neg in. He should try an FCA dealer next, they’ll find a way to roll it all into a Hellcat for $3k/mo.

3 Likes

Someone who just lost their job or didn’t bother to check cost to insure prior to most likely.

1 Like

Or more likely just somebody who woke up and realized how crazy $1800/month for a M4 is.

Side note: people usually talk about how much more expensive cars are to insure, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how minor the difference is between a new Hyundai and a new BMW, unless we’re talking about a supercar.

I bet there are plenty of people in the wild that would jump at that deal.

Confession:
Short story, was signing my lease today and overheard a customer with 2 kids and a wife agreeing to pay 673 p/mo for a 2019 3 series + Inceptions … I was so confused if I should step in or not

The only way I would have stepped in was if I wasn’t planning on giving the dealer my business.

1 Like

Lol guess the dealer has to make some money with a few deals like that to be able to provide us with LH worthy deals … in my mind that man took one for the team haha

1 Like

Without knowing all the details, you should stay out of it. (And even then…)

They could have been rolling in some negative equity on a trade in, buying a ton of miles or otherwise leasing a high MSRP example.

Adding to this, Unicorn deals aren’t possible without 50 other people effectively subsidizing them.

2 Likes