Worst leases you've seen

I did consider that. Would give me like $52 bucks off the lease price and someone did the math that it’s like 6.3% return. Thing is i’m young and I like to make more like 20% return on the things I invest in so i’d rather have the cash to throw at a stock that catches my eye.

Also, I stated on the other post, I own a rental property so I like to have cash on hand in the event there is an expensive repair. Monthly income isn’t a problem for me, and I had to pay off the negative equity somehow and to me the extra $268 a month it added to the payment just made the most sense in terms of my financial flexibility, understanding it may go against the financial math.

Please let me know where we can make 20%+ return on investments.

2 Likes

Obviously doesn’t happen on every stock lol! But i’m on a good run so. Anyway appreciate all the feedback.

When you’re 9k in debt, signing away 55k+ over the course of three years on a car that is not discernible from a 530i in traffic/highway driving, and your source of funding for such loan requires a 20% ROI, the entity cosigning this loan is called the Bank of Mom and Dad.

6 Likes

I swear we had that same exact conversation a few months ago on another thread

1 Like

I don’t make my living investing, I do it with my side cash. I have a career which pays quite well. Cool on you for making it personal tho lmao.

Skipping the fact the car has 450hp too lol! Thanks for coming tho bud appreciate you.

I have to say man, I do appreciate your thick skin!

3 Likes

Changing topic. Saw this one today:)

2 Likes

That’s almost $13k plus tax and fees for 48 month lease. Do they even cost that much?

Not bad. Personally I’d ask for a bit more to drive that

2 Likes

They range from $14k to $18k, so yes it’s terrible.

:zipper_mouth_face:

I’m more shocked a 2019 Mirage exists
Is there also a 2019 Geo Metro I am unaware of?

1 Like

The 2020 Trabant looks :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

3 Likes

I hear that the 2021 Trabants will be redesigned for U2’s 30th anniversary of Achtung Baby and the related ZooTV Tour.

2 Likes

Off topic. mods please delete the above bloviators

Meanwhile, you can BUY one for less than that. A quick CarGurus search shows they’re on the lots for as low as $11K for an SE. Yikes.

Some of the stuff people say on here, like

“Can’t stand the lack of space in my Audi Q5 so I’m looking at BMW X1 or X3”

:face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

Yeah i LOL’d pretty hard at that comment. IMO, I think people just come up with BS excuses and convince themselves of their validity in order to validate poor financial decisions.

Better to just say ‘we’re sick of the Q5 and want something else’.

1 Like