Worst leases you've seen

A New Jersey :face_with_monocle: bolt for $649/mo. Anyone want to bet there was money down as well?

1 Like

1 Like

Also: how many people drove it like it was stolen? Just the GM, or everyone at the dealership plus 100 customers?

3 Likes

“Have you ever even tried to buy a car during a pandemic?”

1 Like

Reminds me of the real estate agents saying that anytime it’s always a perfect time to buy a house.

Not sure if this counts but I was looking at a 2022 Hyundai Tucson SEL. Sticker said $26k+Convenience package, brought it to $30,900 MSRP.

Get in the office, brings me the pricing breakdown…selling price at $35,9xx. Payments were like $588/mo with first month down.

No, that’s normal. That can happen at any time when you walk into their web without a fixed price.

I mean, I know there’s a ‘market adjustment’ right now. Other dealers have it listed on the lot models.
This place had nothing. But then it shows up when it’s time to talk numbers, pff.
And the markup was stupid add-on crap like the Karr Alarm system.

As I said, that’s normal. It all has to do with you ‘sat down with them’. You have a giant sign that says ‘SUCKER!’ over your head when you sit down in their chairs.

Now you get to spend 4 hours sitting down to see if you can get the sign taken off and then you start at a ‘normal spot’ which may or may not include market adjustments.

That happens every day

I WISH I had more details here but it didn’t sound good. Had lunch with a friend today who told me that her friend put 20k down on a 3 year Toyota RAV 4 lease and ended up with a payment in the 200s. I tried doing the math to even get a payment in the 100s and I couldn’t do it. Could easily be in the hall of fame for worst leases ever

:man_facepalming:t3::man_facepalming:t3::man_facepalming:t3::man_facepalming:t3::man_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

TWENTY THOUSAND US DOLLARS???

ON A LEASE???

please let it be a miscommunication from your friend

1 Like

Nah my in laws put 15k on an outback with every option couple years ago, their payment was in the $350 range.

7 Likes

That’s just so sad. For my friends friend as well.

Well, normally I’d agree with you but there was NOWHERE on the window anything about a markup or that stuff.

I had numbers in mind that I was ready to negotiate but they were being stupid so I left.

Hi! Does it make sense then, to buyout our leases at lease end right now? Since prices are crazy? Mine ends late July but Chevy/GM also extended it month-to month for 6 months following…which I’ve never heard of.

Use the search tool , there are like 10 threads with similar titles this month.

1 Like

It was probably in F&I that things got jacked up. It’s easy to sell $5k wear/tear plans, windshield, tire/rim packages… just goes up from there. And we’re not even talking about seat protectant, LoJack or any of the sort

1 Like

Might be a bug on Omega’s Site but this $800 payment on a $30k car made me chuckle. See the RV.

1 Like

You had me at “the hottest truck on the market”

1 Like