Worst leases you've seen

That is insane. I hope he enjoys his X6.

2 Likes

I don’t think he’s enjoying it too much.

3 Likes

I could fill this with the worst offers I have been given including early this year

2020 GLS 450 with MSRP 82,xxx
discounted at 2.5%
0 down
$1850/mo on a 36/12
I calculated the MF at 2.5x the buy rate

We should have a metric, like the reverse LH score, or % of MSRP, to gauge how bad a lease is.

1 Like

Im pretty sure its a 24m lease. I cud be wrong but he put only 4500 mi on the car, which seems reasonable for 6 months, not for 18 months. Also, its a 2020, so unlikely that car was available so early in 2019?

The 3k/month X6 (Very rare!) has those heinous puddle shifter extenders, which seem to be a leading indicator of moronic financial decisions.

Could be, either way he’s roughly 5-6 months into the lease.

But 24 x 3 = 72k which would make a lot more sense.

Could have gotten @Zein Lamborghini for 72k over 24 mo

2 Likes

The actual …

With a 13.5k downpayment and 750 incentive :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Honestly, the M4 isn’t too bad. Effective under 900/m.

It’s less bad, and more Jesus what idiot put 13k down.

And he’s had it all of 3 months? Wow

That was stupid. Doesn’t make it the worse lease…

Agreed @boozinix, however one thing of note here is that I contacted the guy and it’s a great car. However when I went to Google his name I found out he was a manager at a bmw, there’s more to the story here, he may have signed that car with a lot less down payment than he’s wanting, aka he’s flipping it for profit.

1 Like

Just because he’s asking for $13k to him doesn’t mean that he paid that or anything at signing.

Happens fairly often - there’s been people who have used LH to find great deals and then a few months later they post in the marketplace to make a couple K in profit

2 Likes

Yeah correct, nothing wrong with it imo.

1 Like

You’re right, I didn’t think about that. It’s actually not a terrible deal all things concerned.

Okay this one is actually terrible. Bread but in french.

3 Likes

Etron deals were terrible when they first came out. You cant blame the person for not having a time machine. An average deal from 6 months ago maybe a unicorn today or vice versa…

Who am I kidding, its still pretty bad. At 2.2% of MSRP, its way up there.

2 Likes