Worst leases you've seen

Can I get the dealer info. I have time, I wanna mess around with them.

2 Likes

Don’t give remote negotiators a bad name.

7 Likes

I’m annoyed because I feel like they played dumb games, but it is still people trying to make a living and I don’t want to encourage people to waste their time or cause problems.

1 Like

Selling at MSRP is a living. Adding stuff is something more. Then marking up MF on top is extortion.

2 Likes

It’s just business. Don’t get bent out of shape or take it personally (“they’re extorting me”)

3 Likes

Only if they have pics of the lessee in a compromising position.

Which seems unlikely.

:bat:

2 Likes

Haven’t browsed Michigan SAL in a few weeks…here’s some gems.

Total Base Terrain @ $533/mo

Well that was already clear from the payment…

Kinda feel bad for that one, sounds like an elderly person that got totally screwed. Seems unimaginable you could write up a lease for that much for a $28k Terrain that always has $3-5k in incentives.

GLE 43 @ $1750/mo

Again…how is this even possible???

3 Likes

There HAS to be some (a lot) negative equity in that one.

2 Likes

Isn’t Ypsilanti like 95% employee deals?

1 Like

Windshield warranty. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

To be fair, very few insurance companies here offer separate glass coverage and not many people realize you can even get one, so it’s usually bundled with comprehensive and not many people carry a low deductible. I think in many states it’s a requirement to have a separate glass policy.

No, Ypsi is ghetto Ann Arbor.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it a warranty though. :poodle:

1 Like

I got offered that crap in F&I last time. Some diamond coat BS for like $1000 They claim if you get a crack they’ll replace it for free. Allegedly it’s impervious to chips/pits, which would be kinda cool since I do a ton of highway driving.

But I pay $80/yr for $0ded glass coverage. Just had the windshield replaced on the Accord last year, it was a $1250 job :no_mouth:

2 Likes

So far on my current car I had to have a chip repaired for somewhere in the low $100s.

I can’t remember the time before that.

My general tendency is self-insuring for non-catastrophic losses, and, while my luck may run out, I believe I am far, far ahead.

Recently I bought some phone charging cords on eBay, and on the way to checking out I was offered two years of protection for something like $3.98. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

If it includes shipping and is fairly comprehensive it could just be worth it.

Yeah, no.

1 Like

why do people always say this? if California started taxing $1M+ cars at 25% it would be legal but wouldn’t make it right

just because the government decides it doesn’t make it moral, it only makes it legal

1 Like

Entitlements have to come from somewhere though, right? For all other things, start a company in MT.

3 Likes

There is plenty the government does that isn’t legal either. But that is a whole different can of worms.

1 Like

Save big with this one payment lease!!
https://www.ogaracoachsandiego.com/vehicle-details/new-2020-rolls-royce-phantom--la-jolla-ca-id-34069652

I like how its only 2500mi per year, about $47/mi. But excess miles is only $2.5.mi… like waaaaat

1 Like