Worst leases you've seen

To you and me 2100 is a lot because we are poor or atleast i am.

1 Like

The issue isn’t him leasing a car for $2100. It’s that it’s a horrible deal for that car.

2 Likes

Thats why i posted here. His lease ends in 3 months thank god. Nobody would even take his last payment lol. I told him i will be getting him a car this time around.

2 Likes

Or a horrible car for that deal.

1 Like

One of the billionaires I worked for used to check every landscaping bill, for every office and property, every month. He was the opposite extreme.

2 Likes

My Honda salesman friend told me he just did a Civic Type R 36/12k lease yesterday for $742/mo. He claims the car was sold at MSRP but I’m assuming something must have been added at F&I or negative rolled in.

5 Likes

Someone in Finance is having a surprisingly good February. And the person who leases it probably bragged all day at work today. Win/win.

1 Like

Apparently he’s in his mid 70’s. I’m 33 and that vehicle is too intense and ridiculous for me. I love cool old people.

5 Likes

Most leases are fleeces. The buyers/customers havent a clue. I rarely go to a dealer. Once every few yrs at best. I think I got a sharp prcie once from a dealer. But when that car lease was up, never got another sharp deal so I walked.

2 Likes

Over $1300 a month for an LS500 but offering $11k for takeover bringing it down to about $700/month

3 Likes

I wasn’t interested at the $11k incentive you stated, until I saw the ad and that it’s actually $11,000.02

5 Likes

Those two pennies tipped the scale for me too

1 Like

We’ve also got mister $3k/month M760, $3.8k/month S63 and $2.6k/month E63.

2 Likes

Ouch: Excess Miles Charge: $25.00 per mile

2 Likes

How is that even possible?

1 Like

by not taking another minute to proofread?

7 Likes

In 1998, I leased a car while in college. Don’t know why felt the need to have a car. Anyway, I paid dearly as it was my first lease with little to no credit or a job. Monthly payment on a Nissan Altima was $391. Haven’t leased a vehicle since. Always purchased and kept cars on average of 7+ years and minimum of 150,000 miles. A few years ago, my dad leased a Honda CR-V and got hosed as I look over the lease terms. I’m gonna lease or finance the next vehicle for him in about a year. I figure at the least, I will work with one of the great brokers on here. Something about cringing when you hear other people’s horrible deals and congratulating great deals strangers get. This is my first post here but I see most people here want to help one another out with information and deals. Fantastic!

6 Likes

I had to post this “deal” Las Vegas JLR offered me earlier today because I think it speaks volumes about smaller markets with captive audiences, where dealer is willing to charge whatever someone is willing to pay, no matter how crazy it is…

I deleted the sheet the dealer texted me by accident, but this was essentially the bottom line:

$65k MSRP F-Type (essentially base P300), 39/10, $1500 DAS, $1,100 per month!!! I almost died laughing when they sent me the sheet. I told the salesman it had to be a mistake, but she said her sales manager put it together. I don’t know how you could even put that in print with a straight face. So pissed I deleted the dealer sheet…as it’s probably worth framing. And if I had been thinking properly at the time, I would have gotten incentives, contribution, MF for educational purposes; but it’s pretty obvious what happened here…I think

1 Like

There is a topic for this

1 Like

I had to post this “deal” Las Vegas JLR offered me earlier today because I think it speaks volumes about smaller markets with captive audiences, where dealer is willing to charge whatever someone is willing to pay, no matter how crazy it is…

I deleted the sheet the dealer texted me by accident, but this was essentially the bottom line:

$65k MSRP F-Type (essentially base P300), 39/10, $1500 DAS, $1,100 per month!!! I almost died laughing when they sent me the sheet. I told the salesman it had to be a mistake, but she said her sales manager put it together. I don’t know how you could even put that in print with a straight face. So pissed I deleted the dealer sheet…as it’s probably worth framing. And if I had been thinking properly at the time, I would have gotten incentives, contribution, MF for educational purposes; but it’s pretty obvious what happened here…I think

1 Like