Worst leases you've seen

Out of curiosity, I just tried building one on Mercedes Benz based on what I saw in the pictures/description, and I think the MSRP is $210k+.

The ad also shows that this is a 15,000 miles per year lease. This isn’t the kind of car Edmunds seems to post the RV/MF for, so using the payment estimator on Mercedes, the payment on SAL actually isn’t that far off (assuming zero discount and zero down/DAS). The person probably bought a few protection packages and may have rolled in a little negative equity, but it doesn’t seem as crazy as the payment first looks.

3 Likes

Typically, I find the manufacturer website quotes to be on the high side. Considering the payment is close to $900 more than Mercedes is saying, he has to be overpaying.

1 Like

thats almost 160k cost of ownership, for a 3 year lease, on a 210k car… whats the RV and MF man…

1 Like

Actually closer to 190k.

1 Like

@Calvin.MB any chance you can provide some insight on this one?

MF/RV from February 2019 on a 36/15 lease for a 2019 Maybach S650?

1 Like

Who knows how much negative equity the guy rolled in, but saying that even without it, the lease is 4.5k/m is a LOT for a 200k car

1 Like

Not disagreeing with that. My original point was just that $5,300/month isn’t “impossible,” to imagine how it happened on a $200k+ car that likely depreciates like a rock - unlike the $1,500+/month 4 series mentioned above.

1 Like

Cmon man, it’s a waste of a professional’s time asking him to speculate with so many unknowns (CCR, negative eq, FI products, credit etc)

4 Likes

No one is forcing him to answer.

3 Likes

This feels fairly believable to me?

MSRP is probably closer to $230k+ - the two tone paint alone is a $12k option. Assume no discount or incentives. Probably some aftermarkets and f&i addons too.

I don’t have fresh numbers on this car, but in the past I’ve seen residuals in the low 40s for 36 months. MF will be Mercedes standard mf, so buy rate close to .003, probably around .004 when marked up.

Not hard to see how you can get to $5k plus on it. Not a very LH-friendly car, needless to say. I’m guessing the Venn diagram of “people who shop for Maybachs” and “people who spend time optimizing lease payments” is just two circles.

3 Likes

February 2019? Probably wont have that info

4 Likes

He comes across as someone who falls madly, unreasonably in love with a car. Like a hybrid Accord Touring.

Until he falls in love with another one and can’t wait to dump the previous one.

4 Likes

NO DOWN PAYMENT REQUIRED!

1 Like

I think this is the worst so far… lol

1 Like

At first glance, maybe, but it does have the M steering wheel.

2 Likes

That color. Am I supposed to hate it? But its just looks like an awesome color.

1 Like

Take it over then :grin:

2 Likes

This one’s only a $1 a month, problem is its negative miles per month BMW 7 Series ALPINA B7 Lease Deals | Swapalease.com

2 Likes

What does BMW charge for overage? :slight_smile:

Instagram photo prop?

1 Like

Haha I should. Looks like I can live out of that. I am sure the trunk is huge.

4 Likes