10char

2 Likes

My P3D is still faster. :grin:

2 Likes

Can you lease it for $500 per month?

2 Likes

How is the payoff 62k for a 72k car?..

1 Like

Current payoff, not end of lease buy out… I assume he’s less than a year into the lease so likely paid close to MSRP initially.

1 Like

So much here. Did you notice his Florida plates and SoCal location. Guess the tax fraud didn’t save him enough to keep the car.

1 Like

If you’re going to be creative with sales or use tax, at least do it right and use a Montana LLC.

5 Likes

Negative equity?

5 Likes

Poor negotiation skills?

1 Like

I’d rather go 0-60 in 4 seconds in a M2 Competition than a 0-60 in 1 second in a soulless electric car to be fair! These cars aren’t all about 0-60 times mate, not sure why the techies have sucha hard time grasping that concept.

8 Likes

That is a given

1 Like

Sounds more like a transfer to me. Maybe the payment got less affordable with the new cost of living.

3 Likes

Southern California is known for its reasonable rent and low taxes.

:bat:

12 Likes

Ha. I’m every bit a petrolhead as the next red blooded American but you can’t fault the tech.

7 Likes

Till the tech faults on you.

3 Likes

I applaud the tech, I’m just so over the whole Tesla 0-60 thing people bring up in every thread in comparison to other cars.

3 Likes

In Soviet Russia?

1 Like

Or when Elon wants to impress some young snapper he’s mounting by bricking 100,000 cars as a funny.

4 Likes

I might be jaded due to the significant number of luxury cars in NoVa with Florida plates. Even more incentive to cheat on taxes here than California and these people are definitely trying to avoid the annual car tax.

Still, the Florida plates would save the OP 100+ bucks a month depending where he lives in California. I’d wager it more likely it was a tax move than a transfer.

1 Like

Like you, I’m speculating here, but it’s hard for me to imagine any place inspiring more “tax creativity” than California.

5 Likes