Worst leases you've seen

just type 99999 in the capped fees section :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

He didn’t post the window sticker, but assuming $117,000, it’s $24,000 over MSRP with a marked up MF based on November 2022 programs.

Edit: I lied. The sticker was further down. I was spot-on with the sticker price - only off by $70.

3 Likes

lol @ phony “feeler”

My first ever lease was probably one of the worst one could get. I made $4000 down-payment on Altima to lease it for 24 mo/12000 mi/yr @ $145/mo. I have effectively paid $312/mo for $20K car…

1 Like

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/north-hollywood-classic-mercedes-wagon/7675007561.html
$250 security deposit
$250 a month
1 year lease
Maintenance included LOLOLOL

5 Likes

I went back and forth between putting this here (it’s a purchase) or in the “What is this add-on?” thread.

This offer was presented to a friend of a family member, who asked for my input.

Apparently she interpreted

“Run away and burn this guy’s number” / “I’ll find and send you a couple of numbers for brokers who do Hondas in Southern California”

as

“You should immediately drive back to this wonderful dealer and see if they’ll remove a couple of those extras.”

She’s there now, getting rolled for 12 grand.

14 Likes

This has been asked many times and I’ll ask again, how is this legal? I’m fine saying no to all of these while sitting with the FI individual but to make it mandatory right away? With Amazon now selling cars maybe things will turnaround some.

Reflexively I understand the sentiment.

But… in this case she also asked my dad (dealership owner until he retired) for input too, and he told her she was insane to even consider this.

I don’t have a lot of sympathy here.

She wants the car, and she wants it today. I don’t think she’s even contacted a second dealer.

How do you write a law for that?

Before you answer, remember that people put $20,000 Disney vacations on their Capital One Turdburglar Rewards MasterCards, and pay 27.99% APR for 14 years while they pay it off.

10 Likes

Your friend is also trading a 12 year old Elantra with 130k miles, and the deal is being signed-off by a Manager whose name is pronounced “Fuck em”

Cucumber Mic Drop GIF by Awkwafina

I hope she enjoys her KARR alarm and nitro

9 Likes

I’m sure the trade-in is a turd, but they’re stealing that too.

The least expensive comp I saw on Cargurus was $5k.

Someone would have paid more than $1k for it.

4 Likes

I hope she owns the local strip club, because that’s where a lot of this fat commission :moneybag:is going

2 Likes

Ok, ok… but please tell me this is a joke…

Although I’ve seen subprime auto loans underwriting and I fear it is not…

People keep on saying that citing credit card charts and I wonder how much of that is actually interest-bearing…

I guess you’ll enjoy reading this… revolving credit card balances are getting bad, but still not at historical bad-ness (when adjusting for inflation).

That has to be a record on a mass produced and presumably widely available vanilla car.

28%+ in dealer adds. Better grab that gap if you’re signing a ball twister like that.

Not to mention they’re taking the trade in for scrap value and even with recon (yeah right, that’s going to the as-is cash cars after a detail with a 4-5K bump)

1 Like

How much of that is interest bearing? My revolving debt has gone up but I don’t pay interest (paid off monthly)

They are not talking about a monthly payoff, these are generally carried balances upon which interest is being paid after the grace period has come and gone.

60 month lease on a 49k GLC. :eyes:

3 Likes

Maybe there’s a need to replace the term “broker” with something else. Your friend is one of many people who foolishly assume brokers aka middlemen can offer no value, and they would rather destroy their own finances than pay one.

Guidance conselor😁 or something long the line.

Car buying consierge. May sound luxury of they want luxury:)

4 Likes