Worst leases you've seen

West coast Tellurides are still being advertised at ~5k over MSRP.

1 Like

Person who drives two German cars with a combined age of 30+ years tells me leases are a ripoff.

Her W124 is arguably vintage, might not be too bad to maintain with a good Indy and has sentimental value so I’m not going to diss that … but a 10+ year old ML is just major repairs waiting to happen with none of the intangible values of the W124. Hard pass on that one.

2 Likes

Hell, I had a friend with a 150k mile CR-V that was spending $4+k a year on maintenance on it (would only take it to the dealer) tell me leasing was a bad idea.

3 Likes

Sounds like a service manager’s wet dream

2 Likes

50 bucks a mile is a real bargain

https://www.ogaracoachsandiego.com/vehicle-details/new-2020-rolls-royce-phantom--la-jolla-ca-id-34069652

1 Like

Just posted:

MSRP: $110,000
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $1,751.56
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): $1,751.56

Current mileage: 10000
Maturity mileage: 30000
Effective miles per month: 769
Maturity date: 3/31/2022

5 Likes

I know someone with a 2018 750i msrp $125k(as loaded as possible). 12k miles a year for a whopping $2098 a month ( idk what he paid at signing, he wont tell me saying that he doesnt remember) .His lease comes to an end in 3 months from now.

1 Like

If I had $2,100/mo being deducted by BMWFS monthly I’d sure as hell remember and notice it.

7 Likes

Sounds more like he’s embarassed to admit.

I’d bet that the dealer very generously ate the last 12 of his payments from his previous car and definitely didn’t roll them into the new one.

7 Likes

Too generous. It was probably part of his DAS, lol.

1 Like

He does warehousing for big companies like forever 21 and disney and stuff, last time he told me that one of his public warehouses had a rent of $70k a month. So we are talking a big person here.

1 Like

Let’s hope he’s not getting ripped off on that $70k/mo warehouse rent, like he is on his $2100/mo lease

5 Likes

Big is no excuse to be wasteful.

6 Likes

Then that would be a bad business decision. I am not sure if he has reached where he is today by getting ripped off.

1 Like

He is paying $2100/mo on a 750i…

7 Likes

And that is why i will be getting him his next car lol

1 Like

No you see he got successful by not getting ripped off so it doesn’t matter if he’s getting ripped off now.

7 Likes

To you and me 2100 is a lot because we are poor or atleast i am.

1 Like

The issue isn’t him leasing a car for $2100. It’s that it’s a horrible deal for that car.

2 Likes

Thats why i posted here. His lease ends in 3 months thank god. Nobody would even take his last payment lol. I told him i will be getting him a car this time around.

2 Likes