Will I get away with the damage for Mercedes lease?

2019 Mercedes e300, both sides of front bumper are damaged. I purchased tear and wear package for the lease. Will I get away with the package?

FCLP will waive specified excess wear and use charges up to a maximum limit of $7,500. This includes excess wear and use amounts on covered single events up to a maximum limit of $2,000 each. It also covers windshield damage charges, missing parts and equipment charges up to $200 per part, and the charge of one missing key fob. Plus with FCLP, there is no deductible. This product does not cover any excess mileage charges, and may not waive the entire balance owed on your lease agreement.

That looks like a lot more than $2000 damage to my eye.

10 Likes

I doubt it. I would buy oem parts and get it installed at a shop that works with Mercedes. It’s damaged too much for a dent removal and paint job. But maybe someone has a better solution.

2 Likes

That’s not wear and tear in my book. But you won’t really know until you have a lease-end inspection performed.

That way you’ll know if MBFS’ charges will be higher than what you’d pay to repair it.

5 Likes

If I had the lease-end inspection and the report is submitted to MBFS, would I still have the option to repair it by my own?

I wouldn’t chance it, if you weee told $2k o say fix it. Once they give you their price it’s too late.

Yes, that’s the point of having a lease end inspection ASAP

1 Like

In all likelihood the bumper support is bent, the fender tore when the headlamp assembly was pushed back. All the tabs on the headlamp assemblies are broken, going to be way over $7500. Get a collision estimate or at a minimum get the pre turn in inspection.

1 Like

Are you kidding?
Wear and tear is damage that naturally and inevitably occurs as a result of normal wear or aging.

7 Likes

Are you seriously asking internet strangers this question? The short answer is NO.

Thanks for the affirmation, as I wasn’t sure if I should post my reaction… :rofl:

Funny GIF

That’s definitely not wear & tear LoL.

You got front end body damage there. Looks like a few grand in body work to repair correctly.

Get some quotes from body shops to repair and then do the lease end inspection. If it’s cheaper to pay MB for the damages , then just pay them directly and don’t bother even fixing.

You ain’t getting away with paying nothing LoL

Why didn’t you claim this on your insurance?

2 Likes

Exactly this. Your deductible is far less than Mercedes will charge you for these damages.

I think the rule of thumb was damage cannot be the size of a credit card. Here you need a vanity check lol

Try finding a shop that does lease end return fix. This more than just a buff and touch up though.

1 Like

Your contract says 2k per event. You need to get the inspection to see what the charge is to turn it in with the damage to see if it qualifies.

Also, it seems like it is usually less expensive to turn in with damage vs fixing it. You should get the turn in estimate so you can decide what way to go vs just taking a chance on it.

Last thing- if you do get charged- you can appeal to MB after and see if they will waive charges. This has worked out for me with GM and BMW- especially if you are staying loyal.

This reminded me of TikTok/IG videos where they tell you how to spot a car has been in an accident.

2 Likes

Just place a bumper sticker on top, they might not notice it.

All jokes aside, yes, you will get charged.

Woah. No way that’s covered by access wear and tear. Excess wear and tear is a shopping cart ding, not a collision.

No one else has mentioned insurance. Depending on the extent of damage it will likely be best to go through your insurance. The last time I had fender work done it was $1,100 with aftermarket parts. It looks like both fenders are damaged. In addition, at minimum you’ll need a bumper cover. The cheapest I heard of one being done was $525 without paint, which you will need. Plus miscellaneous parts like clips etc. I would get an estimate and then likely go though insurance.

1 Like

When I turned in a GLE four years ago, Mercedes sent a lease-end inspector that went over everything with a microscope. I was shocked that he checked the paint thickness with a special instrument on most of the body panels. He says that they do this to reveal crash repairs done at third-party body shops.

You’re not going to get away with anything with them.