Wife wants "Hot mom car", Advice needed due to average credit

People don’t shower before leaving house? I thought it was only in Russia.

2 Likes

My wife is weird. We rented an RRS on vacation once and she hated it so much that the only rules in our house are “1. No Tesla, 2. No JLR”. She loves the XC90 and we would have bought one except the Volvo dealer knew what he got and wasn’t moving on the price.

Fwiw XC90 crash tests are also extremely impressive. Im not sure there’s a safer SUV when it comes to surviving a collision anyway.

1 Like

I just spit water all over my keyboard.

They do not apparently…

1 Like

There is not. There has never been a driver fatality in an XC90 afaik.

1 Like

Everyone here is probably invested in this rags to riches story here. So I guess I should give everyone an update. I had the day off so I did some things.

I called my debt settlement company and they gave me a lump sum figure to finally get it all settled that I can pay cause I told them I was about to call the final creditor myself and work the settlement out and tell them to kick rocks.

I went to PNC who I bank with and sat down with their loan manager. He said because him and underwriting could clearly see I was infused with so much capital, and my good car payment history, the wife and I were approved for 5% and provided with a pre-approval for up to $90,000 to $100,000 for purchase.

My wife decided in the end she would rather have a different family car and that she says I should just get a pickup.

So yeah in a sudden turn events she wants me to offload both the QX80 along with the Q5 and get her a Tahoe LT or Z71 to be her commuter/family car. I figured I can just get a matching 1500 Silverado as well.

So I called the local chevy dealership all the LE agencies partner with, and talked to the sales team. The conversation was literally “Just come into the dealership and pick your cars and it’s done.”

welp…

3 Likes

I do traffic homicide investigations as my ancillary duties on my current assignment.
The Volvo SUV is pretty much the safest crash rated vehicle in the world or hell I would even say in history.

You will not die in a volvo unless you the driver choose to do something stupid like play chicken with a tractor trailer or go full speed head on with a concrete building.

2 Likes

What changed since a few days ago? Would her commuter car be another lease or a purchase? When exactly is the Q5 lease up?

Why not just keep the QX80 instead of getting a new car/truck for yourself?

Hate that line so much. I just plain tell them “I’m not your customer”

1 Like

Gas milage sucks, the technology sucks compared to the QX60 and Q50. Infiniti has never really changed much in the FX56/QX80 series although the next year is a complete redesign.

My wife always thought the qx80 would be her dream car, but she always had a Tahoe on the back of her mind apparently.

What’s the breakdown in numbers for both vehicles? Are these being financed?

If I were in your shoes and working on rebuilding my credit, I would hold off getting a new vehicle right now.

2 Likes

It is really nice to know that even though every vehicle is manufactured & designed with a myriad of the same active and passive safety features that some are truly built to a higher standard.

The Bose in the Armada and QX80 is amazing especially in the older Armada with the subwoofer under the seat. Next year there releasing a new QX80
https://www.infinitiusa.com/future-concept-vehicles/qx-monograph.html

Finance option, I asked about leasing and they’re just saying “better incentives to buy blah blah blah”

Did they share with you the following:

• Discount off MSRP
  • Incentives

Are you planning to use the 5% finance offer from your bank or use dealer financing?

Bro you live in the auto ripoff capital of the United States. Go to the dealer for a test drive and nothing else. I wouldn’t waste a minute talking numbers. Tell them to email you that.

Text me if you decide on a Toyota over a Chevy pickup. Can get you a very good deal

Jim
215-359-6836

3 Likes

Tahoe doesn’t line up with subject imho.

Might as well go Escalade if this is the new direction.

1 Like

OP Go for a Sequoia with Jim. Heard he is doing 8% off.

3 Likes

Have a couple around there! Def not my normal pricing I get on those.

1 Like

This is Mike flexing that he is the hot Dad with the hot Dad car.

2 Likes