Wife isn’t sure she loves her new lease. What are her options?

My wife has driven two Cayenne Hybrids (2016 and 2018). I leased both for her. She really wanted to pick her own car and wanted a change. She signed a lease last weekend on a Range Rover Sport PHEV Autobiography. She’s not sure she loves the car. We had rented a base Sport when the Cayenne was in the shop so she drove it for two weeks. Part of this might be adjusting to the change. Or realizing she made a mistake. Does she have any options other than stick with it. Or swapalease? What else is there?

Btw. There are zero Sport PHEVs within 500 miles (searching CarGurus).

I wanted to ask my friends and experts here.

PS. We paid msrp with no hack just EV lease credits. I was glad to avoid a markup on msrp or MF. I did find $5000 off msrp on another Cayenne. Wife thought she wanted a Range Rover. Thanks…

Well the bad news is you 100% leased it via Chase, and Chase does not allow transfers. You also picked the trim that depreciates the most for range rover.

I mean if you REALLY hate it, try and sell it to whoever pays the most.

1 Like

Definitely seek your payoff and see what Carvana vroom shift Carmax etc will offer. You’ll probably be underwater but maybe by less than you think. Worth a try.

1 Like

Can you login to your RRFS account?

If not, and by some miracle it isn’t funded, they could unwind the deal (with the understanding you are leasing a RR, just not this one). I would call your sales person.

The Velar, Regular Sport, or Full-sized might be more her preference.

If not, you are ~10-15 lease payments upside-down

Yes, Chase.

Well the good news you can sell to a third party, the bad news is you get the absolute pleasure of trying to sell a Range Rover Sport.

3 Likes

Money takes care of most things in life. Tell her if she wants to take on a damage of $10K+, she can get out of her uncertainty feeling. If not, stick with what she committed. It’s not the end of the world.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.