Why is the dealer quoting so much higher than deals here?

Looking at a Mazda CX-5 AWD Premium Plus and a local dealer has one in stock, but wondering how it could be so much higher than the quotes here from Auto Ninjas.

https://www.mazdaofconshohocken.com/new-Conshohocken-2023-+-Mazda+CX+5-25+S+Premium+Plus+AWD-JM3KFBEM1P0275473

Their MSRP is higher because I think they’ve added accessories, but they’re quoting $529 a month which seems crazy considering I’ve gotten quotes around $409. How can I talk them down? Should I even bother with them?

If this wasnt the case, leasehackr wouldnt need to exist.

Be happy you found it now before signing.

Also ugh why not just use ALN if they’re saving you $5000?

6 Likes

Because he likes having parties with naked women.

3 Likes

Paying the broker fee is the beauty of not taking the time to understand and then taking more time to apply.

3 Likes

If you go and ask a dealer for a quote they are going to shoot for the moon every time. As it has been said on here a million times, make a dealer an aggressive offer that you’re willing to commit to & be there within a few hours to sign. Asking for a quote & getting one in which the moon was the target for the dealer sets a psychological baseline in which any sharpening of the pencil feels like a win for you & they very well will still be much higher than a broker can get you.

What was your goal? That it would be much less than Auto Ninjas…& since it’s not are you going to just get it through them.

3 Likes

A lot of listings here are very bottom of the market, dealers are in business to maximize profit on every deal when they can. The last thing they want to do is match a LH deal and many absolutely refuse to even if they know you’ll buy elsewhere

2 Likes

I’m still a little new to understanding the ins and out of lease deals, but when making an offer to a dealer do I begin with MSRP? Money Factor? Residual?

Make an offer with drive-off and monthly. Have you read leasing 101? If you don’t have the time use a broker.

3 Likes

They are a for-profit business.

It’s their job to maximize their bottom line. Most of the deals you see here are wholesale and in line with volume over profit.

1 Like

@Dany1122 is peeking
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by Laff

You’ll probably be better off just going with the broker deal this time. Learn the ins and outs of the lease based on the deal the broker gets for you. If you insist on going alone go to Edmunds and get the incentives, money factor and residual for the specific model and trim your looking for based on your zip code. There are a lot of moving parts to a lease and some dealers love to sell a lease to someone that doesn’t know how all of those moving parts work.

3 Likes

That makes sense. The only reason I was thinking of speaking with the dealer was a better offer on my current lease that I am 19 months into. I was hoping to do all of the business in the same place.

Dealers offer ‘more’ on trades so they can rip you off even more on the sale of the new car

2 Likes

Makes sense. Currently Carmax is offering the most compared to the Equityhackr, would it be better to just sell it to them and get the new lease separately?

Not sure what you are saying. You are currently leasing a Mazda that you want to return early? How much longer do you have? You need to see whether there are any current pull ahead offers or any equity in your leased car

I am currently 19 months into 36 months Mazda CX-30 lease. The payoff is $25,100. I’ve gotten purchase offeres from Carmax for $26,000.

I would still reach out to the broker and let them know exactly what you’re trying to do. He/She can probably advise you on the best course of action. I’ve done deals with @IAC with and without trades. Yes, a trade complicates the deal, but it’s not impossible to do sometimes.

2 Likes

Ive reached out to a few but they’re saying there’s no equity on the car.

Sure wish we had broker services in Alaska.

1 Like

Have you received quotes from all the buying services?

1 Like