Why is everyone transferring out of their X3M this month?

Here waiting for the transfer incentives to take them into $5xx range. No city driving, open roads and state and local police friends means no tickets.

Oh and weird so many high end Beemers up for transfer after Trump checks ran out lol

2 Likes

X3Ms only come with summer tires and no one wants to pay for snows

10 Likes

Soā€¦ guess CA, TX and FL buyers are in luck then :grin:

2 Likes

I drove a loaded 2020 X3M Comp fairly extensively. Walked away unimpressed TBH for all the hype surrounding it.

I know what the HP/TQ numbers are on the car but it felt like it was trying too hard to be something that platform is not meant to beā€¦ It also lacked punch at lower RPMs ā€“ for my liking anyway. Seats are nice though. Not completely sold on the looks either. YMMV

The ride and lack of :egg: :egg: at low RPM are the two main themes Iā€™ve heard and keep reading about

Itā€™s interesting because Iā€™ve never heard a bad thing about an X3M40i

All good feedback!

4 Likes

People also expect less of the m40i.

The m40 does the x3 platform better than the M.

The x3M is trying to be something itā€™s notā€¦ a track suv.

Jb4 will fix the lack of kick on low rpm, honestly in manual mode with track style settings the kick in 1st gear isnā€™t as bad as people are making it out to be, itā€™s a turbo vehicle there is going to be some lag without anti-lag protection.

Exactly, my dad hasnā€™t received a speeding ticket in the last 35 years, and he almost got one at UDE Philly, doing 90 in an X6M50i.

Iā€™ll agree, this is one of the few benefits to small town living, you often know many, many cops, the entire fire dept., etc. from barbecues, parades, or just being neighbors.

b/c theyā€™re on summer tires and winter is coming.

arent those driving events closed circuit? I guess not cuz u say almost got a ticketā€¦so prob had car on public roads allowed.

buying an $80k suv when you cant change the tires smhā€¦

4 Likes

You could test drive cars, someone took a 30 min joyride in a 8 series GC. They had a X7 M50i, X3M, X6 M50i, 2 series GC, m340xi, and the closed off track section with the m340i and m235i.

What are winter tires?
Drove the X3M Comp at a BMW test drive event and I loved it, but that was just based on doing a big circle around local L.A. streets.
Would I pay $800/mo for it, that would be a big hell no.
X3 M40i would suffice for pretty much anyoneā€™s needs unless you are really going 8-9/10ths and in that case you are hopefully on a private track/course

I canā€™t imagine itā€™s tires

With an $800 payment, $1200 over 3 years couldnā€™t be the determining factor!

Itā€™s the harsh ride, power comes on as expected when turbos spool so low rpm itā€™s lackluster. Couple that with a payment range that could allow for a fun weekend car and a dedicated commuter suv and itā€™s not worth it.

Still in for the $500 range transferees lol

1 Like

And snows for those bahfolo winters

Covid season is coming backā€¦no need for snows lol

Harsh ride, summer tires, unusable power, and limited usability as a day to day driver (arguably the only reason to get an SUV over a car) are the culprits for such high turn over on the X3M products. I guess BMW believed there was a market for the X3/4 M cars because of the X5/6 M successes, but I think thatā€™s a different market altogether if you can afford to drop 140k on an SUV.

Thereā€™s also probably a reason we barely see any turn over of Macans and Cayennes in the same segments. Branding, usability, driveability, and cost all amount to higher retention with those cars. Theyā€™re the anti-thesis to what the X3 M cars are.

2 Likes

I donā€™t buy the summer tire argument

You drive an M car, you can pay for tires!

The tires prob wonā€™t last 36K on it anyways so itā€™s good to have 2 sets

Iā€™d argue the majority of people leasing this think they are just getting a normal SUV with super powers. Theyā€™ve most likely never been exposed to motorsports or believe the dealer is trying to ā€œrip them offā€ by upselling them on getting a second set of snow wheels and tires.

They literally do not know any better. Ignorance is bliss.

1 Like

Did he get in trouble :joy:ā€¦ Iā€™m going this month in NYC and also wanna go on a 10-15 minute drive :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like