Why do dealers ask you what kind of car you drive?

Not sure what day it was but salespeople burn ups all the time to land someone who is there to buy that car and only that car. I catch my guys doing it sometimes and have to slap them up - but I get not wanting to spend a bunch of time on a busy day while everyone else is selling.

1 Like

Dude… wtf is wrong with BMW dealers. I never wanted one to fit into the herd but they are nicer than what I’m driving now and fits my needs. I’ve been totally blown away by the unprofessional salesmanship I keep finding when I go for test drives and even just over emails. The condescending and F you attitudes are unreal. I’m at a point I think I just want to buy the car out of spite.

If you keep running into the same issue everywhere the problem might be closer than you think. What’s your approach?

3 Likes

We bought from our dealer originally because she was INCREDIBLY professional, kind and took time to get to know us. We met her, mentioned what we wanted and she took us out in all of them. I said I liked the m4, and her boss offered to truck the damn thing from another store, if we wanted to wait 2 hours.

The North Scottsdale BMW (nose in air) didn’t even talk to us. Don’t waste your time or money on dealers who treat you poorly from the onset.

I’ve bought/leased 3 M-variant models (m340i, m550i and x3 m40i). Last time I went, I looked at the m550i and m850i gran coupe. she had them lined up. And yes, I bought. lol.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, some I’ve spoken to have been awesome, while others are leaving something to be desired. I just didn’t expect it when I am ready to buy not just there to waste time. I remember when I was an 18 yo punk kid who just wanted to see what a Mercedes looked like and went into the dealer. The salesman knowing he was wasting his time cuz I told him just made me feel welcome. I dont know why BMW sucks a bag of dicks but I guess there’s a certain clientele to be had there that I don’t fit.

1 Like

I work at a dealer and they might have conquest rebates or loyalty rebates depending on the vehicles you have at your household.

2 Likes

your experience depends not only on the dealership you visit but the salesperson you are dealing with too.

I was a Nissan fan 10 years ago. not really anymore since they haven’t made anything new worth being a fan of

FTFY. :sweat_smile::+1:

3 Likes

Mod removed: unregistered solicitation