Why are nearly all lease transfers BMWs?

Not sure if this is the correct thread…. But why do BMWs hold 9 out of 10 posts for lease transfer?

1 Like

1 reason is because many other brands are not allowing transfers

In my experience BMW has a great leasing program and support, and they make it easy… I have leased cars from other manufacturers but never consider it because relatively speaking it’s difficult….

7 Likes

Simple…BMW is about the only bank left that allows it.

There are a few others that still allow it but hold the original lessee liable (i.e. Audi), so for obvious reasons you don’t see many of those.

In addition to having a fairly straightforward lease transfer process, BMWs also tend to be a very popular and competitively priced car to lease (in normal times at least). In other words, due to BMW pricing incentives geared toward leasing, savvy hackers are able to get high MSRP cars for very reasonable monthlies - and so they also make for very attractive lease transfers.

3 Likes

Easiest cars to transfer out of and who doesn’t love that white and blue prop?

2 Likes

Could there also be a bit nefarious reason that BMW allows Neg equity to be rolled in?

You can always roll negative equity in

BMW is the only bank I am aware of that consistently allows lease transfers nationwide with no restrictions (like in state only for example)

1 Like

As nefarious as wanting you to pay rent charge on poor financial decisions is… but that extends to every brand, not just bmw.

2 Likes

Bmw has the easiest transfer process, historically some of the best programs, and a good product.

BMWs also offer the higher engine models for significantly less than Audi and Merc, lease wise I mean to say. If I was looking at an E43 or an S6 I’d be paying an extra 100$ every month for slower models, M550 is faster and cheaper

2 Likes

I’m wondering if those of us leasing BMWs have not been able to capture any equity in the lease because BMW significantly overshot the RV. I am somehow under water on my X5 that is due back in November with 36k miles and I’m currently under 20k miles. That’s sad especially in this market of overpriced used cars.

For everyone who leases sake’ this is a good thing.

1 Like

Why would you want to have equity in your lease? That generally means you’re over paying and the captive is mitigating it’s risk by making you pay more in depreciation.

1 Like

My first BMW transfer was in 2006 from memory. It went smooth then. It’s smooth now. They’ve been in the business for so long, that they basically set the bar that others follow. And they’ve been consistent. They get a lot of stick, but BMW IMO is one of the most consistent players in the business.

You don’t want to have to research all the rules each time you buy and sell a car. So you go with the one that is the same and makes it easy. Their cars (when newish) aren’t half bad either.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.