Which is best premium CPO SUV to buy

If 2020 is listed at 52K, then 2021 at 55K will be high ? both are CPO. I’ll look that listing in Houston too,

Oh that’s V8 wow!

The 2021 X5 M50i is going to be CPO at $60.5K (MSRP at 92K) currently at 27K.

Yeah that one in BMW West Houston is x50 and would slot between your x40 and X5 M. Hope @IAC can help manage the transaction if you’re not local. They can coordinate interstate vehicle stuff way easier than if you tried on your own. I just don’t know if they can help with CPO.

Yes I’m out of state
Looking like it’s Sonic dealership
I don’t have any Sonic nearby
Will check if it’s even available

I can’t give you advice on these specific cars or price, but educate yourself on the CPO coverage (miles/term/what it covers), before you go to dealer get quotes for third party warranties, look for something that will cover the tech.

If you get into the finance office on that X5M that isn’t a CPO, and they offer you a wraparound warranty for $8000, will you know if it’s a good deal or not? All they’re going to tell you is that the infotainment screen cost $5000 to replace.

1 Like

Are 2020 x5 and 2022 x5 same? Any major difference?

The 2022 likely doesn’t have fog lights

make sure you got good warranty coverage for this
that V8 engine is infamously unreliable. They even have a law suit ongoing I think

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking to. Didn’t really need a performance engine in shape or V8…
Was thinking to stay V6 with x40i or cayenne base. Used car prices are still ridiculously high

looking at auction prices the dealers have thousands of dollars of room on each of those

I will go for Cayenne probably

2020 Cayenne CPO and 2021 X5 x40i CPO are similar prices. I thought the X5 is overpriced but there’s no other car currently in market with those specs/milage/year . When I see KBB recommended prices on those builds (which I agree maybe not the best reflection), the listed and asking prices are well 5-8K above the KBB prices !

Yes agreed. They are selling at atleast 4-6K above a fair price. Even more crazy is that people are buying lol so they don’t last too long !!

I meant 2020 and 2021 x40i

So in general, CPO will be extension of factory warranty no? Covering all mechanical failures etc.

A CPO 2021 BMW sold in the fall of 2020 or a 2020 Porsche sold in the fall of 2019 has CPO coverage until the fall of 2025 so roughly 1.5 more years. Do you have a plan for after that?

1 Like

Not yet. But I will look into extending warranty there after. Right now I was seeing which one was I getting a better price.

I’d look into XC90 with all the features you mentioned because they’re standard with the base trim. Make sure to get one with AAOS and you won’t see the tech as old.

As someone with an AAOS Volvo, if I was buying a CPO I’d rather have one with Sensus and the faster CPU. My 2019 XC60 was much more reliable in that regard.