Where is the best place to purchase a used car?

Wait so you’re stuck with the Tacoma for 2 more years and you want to buy a second pickup? The Tacoma can’t tow the travel trailer? How much does it weigh?

Tundras have always held their value well, especially now - making them a particularly expensive choice to purchase used.

Yeah. I didn’t realize the tacoma payload is so low. On the sticker it say 990 payload
Trailer:
Hitch Weight: =455 lb.
UVW = 3513 lb.

towing capacity is good. But the payload is over. But I guess I can just struggle with it for another 2 year then lease a tundra.

truck payload = 990
Hitch = 455
andersen WDH = 55
2 batteries = 120
2 propane = 75
family weight = 400
total = 1105 out of 990

As you can see i’m over the payload. and I cannot carry anything on the truck. I need to put it in the trailer.

I have seen other people tow bigger trailer with bigger weight and heavier hitch. I guess they are not afraid.

Depending on the trim of the Tundra you pick you won’t be that far above the payload limit either. Tundra is awesome but the payload limit is not excessive. If buying Toyota truck it’s not worth to look at anything other than new or 5 years plus - younger ones prices are nuts and the truck is essentially unchanged since 2007. You may want to looks for a short term lease takeover if you really want something new-ish.

I got myself a Sequoia in January for the same purpose, 1300 lbs. limit - I can make it work but it isn’t a “drop it all in and a kitchen sink on top” kind of deal. 110k and 2014 run me almost 27k for your reference. The way these WDH are engineered you can essentially omit their weight in your calculations as they put good load on the trailer axles - worth going to the scales to check your actual vehicle weight after you’re loaded. It would be prudent to do it with at least 1/2 fresh water tank full to have a more real life scenario weight.

Also, TX is the best place to look for second hand trucks when you consider the prices.

talk about absurd used car prices:

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1722980

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.