Where is Cadillac?

Beginning the hunt for my next sedan and have my eye on a CT5 Luxury. As of July RV was 58%, MF .00018

Yet Cadillac is completely absent in the marketplace and forums. On paper they lease well, what am I missing?

What paper are you talking about?

2 Likes

Low MSRP, low MF, medium residual

Show me in a calculator.

And with what level of discount (if any) pre-incentives? What level of lease cash?

1 Like

Assuming no +/- discount or ADM you’re looking at 42% in depreciation alone over 36 months. Before any rent charges or taxes and fees.

1 Like

This is pre discounts, used MSRP as sell price. When/if the market calms down (not pulling trigger till January at least) I’m hoping to get a discount off MSRP. Perhaps what I’m missing is that Cadillac dealers aren’t giving good discounts?

Same residual as similar sized vehicles. On quick check bmw 5 series is 58% as well and those are a dime a dozen

Bmws, without a bunch of stacking incentives, haven’t been particularly good leases values in quite a while.

That’s not bad, but you’re talking an utter base car, which may not be realistically available.

Plus you forgot the $1195 destination charge.

No one in their right mind would pay 42% in depreciation alone on a 36m BMW 5 series lease.

IDK about right now but as of a few weeks ago BMWs could be had at 8-10% off MSRP at buyrate, which could then be lowered another .00028 with MSD.

And even then it only started to make sense if you could stack multiple incentives like lease cash, loyalty/Corp, OL, college grad, etc. and didn’t have high taxes/DMV.

One of the big problems was the dealers. In December 2020 I tried to hack a CT4 since GM was throwing all kind of incentives at it. The dealers are all flat out a PITA to work with and deal with. No chance of discount off MSRP even in the middle of a pandemic. They all believed “these are the best cars in the world, we don’t discount the best car in the world”.

Salesmen legit didn’t even know what MF was. So when I mentioned it was marked up on the lease sheet they sent, they had no concept of what I was talking about. I’m sure they don’t deal with a lot of leases, since quite literally most of their buyer base is seniors who think “leasing is throwing away your money!”.

They’re even worse than the Nissan dealers and that says a lot. No wonder they only sell a bakers dozen of them a year.

2 Likes

I’m paying 41-42% depreciation on a 5 series (m550) lol and I’m grinning from cheek to cheek everytime I drive it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.