Where do you invest your money?

We’ll I’m not gonna try to convince you either. All I can do is show you the door, Neo Brozen, you must walk through it.

Final tip, when Bitcoin hits $14k - BUY

Take care

2 Likes

Centralized smart contracts are super overhyped.

I agree with this. There are ALOT of “unregistered securities” promising to solve problems of the current financial system.

This may not matter on the front end but on the backend, settlement is super important and speed is a setback of the current system. The current system is extremely slow and inaccurate. There’s many cases where systems will get confused on which assets to belongs to whom. Trust me, you want your cash to settle as fast possible because there is a chance the other end will not get the money!

Edit: are*

1 Like

I bought 2 Lego sets to hold long term….hahaha

3 Likes

I am not a cryptobro, but I am watching Tether bust through its support and start digging for the Earth’s core…

(Their disclaimer tho :kissing_heart::ok_hand:t2:)

while I’m on Treasury Direct buying my 9.62% Series I bonds…

I know everyone else likes a market that only goes up, but the volatility rocks me to sleep at night.

8 Likes

I love the ability to spend in AED and have it converted from USD onto my credit card statement at prime rate.

Whomever the person is that’s shorting Carvanna on this forum is probably shopping the LegendsAuto exotic topic right now.

3 Likes

Who knew 25 years ago that Pokemon cards, Magic: The Gathering cards, and f**king beanie babies would be some of the best investments you could have made back then?

I got excited for the I-Bonds until I realized I could churn new bank accounts for way more in a year. More work essentially but I’m still trying to convince myself it’s worth it.

4 Likes

I recently signed up for a local credit union checking account. I’m supposed to receive $100 as a sign-up bonus in the account after 6 months (I needed to open an account at a local bank anyways, so win win). I’ve seen offers of up to $300 for opening a new bank account with the usual strings attached (receive bonus after opening account and setting up a direct deposit of at least $500/month for X months). Guess it’s a way of earning a little extra booze money.

Good point! Have you actually gamed this out? Is it practical to make $1000 in a year by opening bank accounts and funding with the same 10k?

Yes it is. Even more so if you recently did the WF $1500 bonus by depositing 5K for 60 days. They pulled the offer after a very short time due to unsurprisingly high demand.

4 Likes

Wow… that a lot of bonus for a little money… crazy offer

It’s pretty rare to see an offer with that type of return. I’ve been doing the bank account bonus thing for about 3-4 years now and typically keep a pretty close lookout for the “good” ones.

even chase has $300 bonus for $2k deposit for 60 days, 5 debit card purchase within 90 days and keep the account active for six month

makes it even more lucrative than I bonds

Does “bank account flipping” (opening new account, collect whatever bonus, close account) affect your credit in any way?

I bet no; but it IRS will definitely start digging in. I know chase and amex started sending out tax related docs for heavy points earners

AXOS bank has this disclaimer too; Bonus may be taxable and reported on IRS Form 1099-MISC

Bank flipping doesn’t affect your credit score at all.

$300 is pretty standard bonus. See it all the time from different banks. But that one from WF I missed although I try to stay away from WF after their run in with scamming clients on fake account and no one went to jail for that.

Looks like several banks near me are offering anywhere between $150-300 for opening a checking account and setting up a direct deposit totaling between $1k-2.5k within 60-90 days. Dunno if it’s worth the hassle though.

Depends how easy it is to change direct deposit. If it’s just online change in HR system where you work - it’s worth it. No need to go anywhere.

1 Like