Where do you invest your money?

Yes, I understand that this policy does not exist currently. BSA (Bank Secrecy Act), however, does exist currently and the proposal is what they want to change. I just thought that because they want to include loans and investment accounts, it would be something to talk about

I understand that BSA exists but I think they are not trying to change BSA instead they are trying to expand the current IRC 6050W to include additional filing information on the F1099K.

file a revised Form 1099-K expanded to all payee

1 Like

Feels like correction ahead. Oct-Nov time frame of course.
Thinking at least 10% as much as 25% on benchmarks.
Probably a good time to tighten up hedges and/or reduce exposure.
May even go long vol and short index pending price action in coming days/weeks.

Anyone else feeling the change in tide?

Nope - Fed says less stimulus and market went up. I think everyone is expecting and ready for the training wheels to come off.

I’ve been listening-to and reading nearly everything in the past couple weeks. Jay Powell got to speak in quatrains again yesterday: TL;DR the first-derivative of the Fed balance sheet continues to be positive, 2nd derivative is negative, until next year. Need for changes in the ethics rules for Fed BOG members is the bigger story there.

Equities will continue to oscillate in response to the cost of money (growth → value and back), which makes bond rates and their destination more interesting. As much as COVID, supply chain disruptions, and labor shortages cause swings, interest rates seem to be the helium in these record valuations.

Bigger news this week shows that even with the cost of borrowing historically low, the debt markets may have run out of borrowers.

Crystal ball watchers are looking for their next black swan event: it was NOT the collapse of Evergrade (the new Starbucks drink size) - though getting paid in unfinished apartments was some galaxy brain :cowboy_hat_face::clown_face:

6 Likes

Exactly why I am concerned. Markets been moving at a clip and those training wheels have been keeping it upright.

You may be right in the next three weeks until things get out of control.

All very insightful and an excellent analysis.

Rates are up today and more importantly steeper curve. Higher rates will put pressure on valuation and yield chaser can get crushed.

I would not be surprised if Evergrande is the first of more to follow given the growth in Chinese economy over the past 2 decades.

There is a lot of squawking here about the Fed balance sheet, but nobody ever mentions this :poop:

https://www.finra.org/investors/learn-to-invest/advanced-investing/margin-statistics

The “normal” high-water mark was exceeded in September 2020, and has gone up every month since. What’s $1T of leverage among friends?

everyone has been waiting on the spy correction all year it just wont crash

Propping it up still…Cant have the Market Crash, in the same year as the Taliban debacle.

its bc they keep printing brrrrrr

You won’t be able to hear the money printer at all this week while the horse market is in session

1 Like

Economic models have predicted 80-100 corrections since January

2 Likes

“All models are wrong; some models are useful”

4 Likes

Absolutely no one would agree to that statement but me.

It’s absolutely the #1 reason why markets will not drop, it’s the very reason we have inflation and asset bubbles everywhere.

Take away the money printing and the collapse would put the entire world in crisis mode.

No such thing as economic models, they used to exist but with money printing they are worthless. Money printing has completely created a market where economical cycles don’t exist.

3 Likes

if no covid no printer on bye bye market

If you missed this story from a couple weeks ago

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fed-accountability-under-fire-stock-171651684.html

Both the Boston and Dallas Fed Presidents have moved-up their departure dates - will be out before the next BOG meeting (Bostic from the Atlanta Fed, who owns bank stocks, is probably next)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/boston-fed-leader-rosengren-to-retire-early-from-bank-11632747033

Once the Fed started buying corporate bonds, they should have stopped trading securities or adopted something like 10b-5.

Now do Congress…

6 Likes

Where is it practical to sore gold? Safe deposit box?

I have an address you can send it to

I am reliable human bean.

7 Likes