Where do you invest your money?

I have decided to invest my money in shitty Porsche Cayenne leases. Hey it’s YOLO and free, right?

4 Likes

MRNA and AMD calls were insane this week. 1200% lol

Keep an eye on EXPE this week!

Well then… this is starting to become fun :money_mouth_face::bear: :bear:

I really hope some of y’all joined me on this one… it’s been lovely taking free money from a :clown_face:

amc gme doge

1 Like

2 Likes

So Carvana grew enough to be written about in Barron’s and WSJ in favorable light as well in their podcasts:)

1 Like

if Barron’s is involved that means it’s not growing fast enough for their liking and they need to try to pump it up.

solana chainlink

1 Like

I held on as long as I could, but closed my Alibaba and Yum China positions today. (the latter was a split by Yum years ago, up 380%). I don’t mind regulation, I can tolerate some over regulation, China has jumped straight to capricious.

3 Likes

Pooh bear feels threatened by big tech.

3 Likes

I have been into oil e&p (ESTE, VNOM) and gas processing, transport. Oneok (OKE), dividend covers my lease payment. :grinning:
So please keep leasing gas guzzlers, I need boat money.

2 Likes

Major banking changes maybe coming…

Currently, banks are required to report cash transactions of $10,000 or more to the IRS. The change is to move the threshold to $600.

Thoughts??

Citation? Link?

Where’d you hear/read that?

I was trying to do my best without this stirring into politics.

Link: https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/131/General-Explanations-FY2022.pdf

Edit: page88

So you’re referring to Page 94, title “INTRODUCE COMPREHENSIVE FINANCIAL ACCOUNT REPORTING TO IMPROVE TAX COMPLIANCE” - taxing lower dollar transactions that might currently slip through. Which (if adopted) would go into effect January 1, 2023

This exists now for businesses, it’s not enforced well - or Carmax/Carvana/Vroom/Shift/GMTV/etc would all issue 1099s as the rule currently says.

I think lowering the SAR threshold below $5000 would make those even more impossible to investigate.

If something like this passes, I’d probably just visit the ATM less frequently and hold more cash. But I doubt this passes in its current form.

Few credit unions have posted this info as well and have made comments about fighting back on this for privacy reasons.

“The annual return will report gross inflows and outflows with a breakdown for physical cash, transactions with a foreign account, and transfers to and from another account with the same owner. This requirement would apply to all business and personal accounts from financial institutions, including bank, loan, and investment accounts,2 with the exception of accounts below a low de minimis gross flow threshold of $600 or fair market value of $600.”

You are misinterpreting the proposal, it is asking to report an annual report for inflows & outflows of physical cash, foreign account transaction & transfers of same account holders for the entire year not a transaction by transaction report. accounts with total gross flow or FMV of $600 will be exempt.

Well, page.88 on the actual proposal (smartphone shows different page maybe?) but my biggest thing is $600 annually is a pretty low threshold, in my opinion. I get the intent but the proposed $600 annual threshold was about $85 in 1970 when the BSA was initially passed. Time will tell and we will see what happens

True but I think there seems to be some misunderstanding.

This requirement does not exist currently. This is a new type of reporting.

reporting not only gross receipts but also
gross purchases, physical cash, as well as payments to and from foreign accounts, and transfer
inflows and outflows.