Where do you invest your money?

I wonder if GM will allow me to sell to vroom if I get the jab.

The future of incentives will be get Vax #42 and get 2k off Volvo.

1 Like

None of the car companies care.

We probably won’t have complete RDRs with breakdowns until after the weekend, but those that already reported are selling everything they have, with roughly half the trunk money (on avg) they offered at this time last year:

https://www.investors.com/news/us-auto-sales-gm-ford-q2-2021-gm-stock/

I used to walk by the building that invented insulin when I was in college. It was invented 100 years ago. https://insulin100.utoronto.ca/

I worked at a startup during dot com, I remembered co-workers would bring Krispy Kreme from LA and proclaimed it as the best donuts in the world. The CFO of the startup I worked at made like 10 million in 8 months (his terms of employment has a clause on all stocks immediately vested if he’s not offered a job with the same title in the event of an acquisition), all he was doing after acquisition was going through his Robb report and he picked out a Ferrari of course.

2 Likes

Between shortages and people going back to work being forced to buy cars they sold a year ago, yeah I can see everything jumping, but then what? Although who cares, the imporant thing is that the quarter looks good.

Hopefully as inventory levels return to normal, so will pricing. But the manufacturers are still selling cars faster than they can build them. For those asking “when will this end?” - not in July 2021.

2 Likes

I really need to become more knowledgeable about investing. I decided to get my feet wet in the stock market at the beginning of the year and ended up turning my Christmas bonus into a year’s salary with very little effort thanks to GME. I know pretty much anything I do now is going to be far less successful, and very likely end up just costing me money, so I’m in observation mode right now.

As long as you realize that what happened with GME was gambling and not investing…

3 Likes

Great risk reward ratio though. You don’t get odds like that often. Likely will happen more and more…

WMT - Smart move, the company estimated 14% of their shoppers have diabetes.

1 Like

The Delta Covid variant cases should show sizable #s by end of July. Many models forecast a decent size fall/winter wave *but expect it to be nowhere near the volume or severity as 2020 (perhaps 1/3 the cases and much fewer severe illness due to vax). Also predicted to be localized.

That said, might be enough to scare stock market with small short term drop starting near August. A larger drop could be a buy the dip as market returns running up end of year/early next year.

1 Like

It’s interesting how some think the “get rich quick” is a viable source… think of it as a flame on a matchstick… there’s always someone holding the burnt ends of it lol, wait till this Real Estate Market bursts again…wait for it, waiiiit for iiiit :crazy_face:
Slow but steady Index Funds are the way to go, time after time. Lean back-lean back

1 Like

Does the bank give you almost a 100% loan to value to buy index funds like it does real estate? I assure you my real estate gains over the last decade have dwarfed your index fund gains by a multiple of at least 10.

I have 3% loans locked in for 20+ years. I don’t care if my property loses value. As long as rents cover expenses I’ll have an asset paid off in full with almost none of my own capitol at risk.

Inflation alone will pay off my bank loans with very little effort needed on my part. Rents are up almost 100% in 5 years in my portfolio areas.

I only buy stocks with some money I’m willing to risk on swing trades or with my retirement account (bc that’s tax free for now so I start with a 35%+ gain)

2 Likes

I agree-but for the “average joe” that doesn’t have the luxury of even buying their first home-that wouldn’t be an option anyway…

When it’s that easy to make money in the market it means the bubble bull market is about almost through.

Wait till you witness a bear market.
Moving Pictures Reaction GIF

1 Like

The new "investors " haven’t a clue what’s coming. They believe everything is always perfect in the land of free money on Wallstreet

2 Likes

Any average joe with even a remote financial education can buy a triplex using the fha and income from their job. That alone will eliminate their largest expense, housing. Rinse and repeat using the banks money, not your own. Wealthy people rarely risk their own assets, and they also know the extreme tax advantages to depreciating real estate.

2 Likes

Did Justin Bieber sing about where he gets his triplexes in his song lol, don’t disagree but a Triplex in CA and a Triplex anywhere else is not the same $$$

Wow that’s much lower based on any observation of their parking lot. I would have assumed a number of at least twice that.

1 Like

Anyone who’s not rolling in money, living in CA and is not looking to get out of there is not thinking straight. Not unique to CA. I’m currently working on a plan to GTFO from NJ as soon as humanly possible.

2 Likes

It’s tough. The people that voted for their own servitude have completely invaded the low tax states and are infecting them with the same policies that made them flee.

Big govt and the parasites that support it are rotting this country from the inside out. Very few places to go an escape these days. I moved my business to south Florida to save 5.5% in taxes but it’s getting very expensive. Next plan might be to just go to a more tax friendly country.

2 Likes