Where do you invest your money?

I wouldn’t touch anything besides day trades at these levels. All bets are off currently. I was all cash after the first 3% drop. I got tempted and bought back in with 5% of my portfolio and got burnt today. History shows when stocks crash like this the rebound isn’t fast. There will time to scoop up deals when things stabilize. Sure you might miss the bottom by 10% but we’re still way way ahead of where the market could be in a few months. Sit on your hands is my opinion. Have cash ready to buy.

3 Likes

If you think with current market $500 is the bottom I have a bridge to sell you.

4 Likes

Agreed. Look at the 52 week range and glance longingly at the left-hand number…

I don’t want none of that foreign-made bridge!

TBF that site probably uses basic fundamentals like P/E to evaluate it “overvalued” and there’s no point doing that with a stock like Tesla.

I feel you. I put most everything into cash this year, but still have lost a ton of money since January on everything I left invested (retirement accounts, investment accounts).

Well, the goood news is, unless you’re 65 and ready to retire, things should bounce back. Or, we’ll all die and it wont matter anyways.

3 Likes

It still hurts. I started investing 3 years ago and I have now lost money overall. I am still up a little on my long term stocks I bought 3 years ago but the losses on the stocks I have bought in the past 3-12 months have destroyed my portfolio value.

1 Like

That was my experience in 2008. I can tell you from experience thing do get better but scars will be left for life.
50% haircut on 401k was painful to watch.

This time I’m better prepared having moved all into cash albeit way too early missing last few months of the leg up.

He got that screenshot from some joker on the internet. Trust me, said joker is not to be trusted.

:bat:

1 Like

I always took a percentage of my retirement accounts once it hit 20k and kept putting in fixed income. Put some of it yesterday back into market. Today put the rest back in at end of day. Buying back with some of it at 30% discount might be a good idea but we will see. We might see below 20k on the DOW but I believe we will finish on a high note by election time. I called 30k on DOW in 2016 but not sure i can predict it this time. Funny I sold some inverse ETF that I had in February or so and somehow I knew it would be funny if market tanked as soon as i sold it. Well it does not feel funny now. Good luck everyone. :slight_smile:

Continue to load your retirement accounts every month as you should have been doing all along. I felt bad for those retiring in 2008 and those retiring this year…for those that aren’t status quo. Unless your a day trader trying to time the market or scalp can get you chopped up real fast. This is a great learning opportunity of how to lose money fast by pretending to be a market guru.

4 Likes

Bullets…

1 Like

There are lines even for that

3 Likes

I knew it

Of course. They need to shoot all these fast multiplying coronas.

2 Likes

I went to the gun shop today. Conviently pa state background check system was down :face_with_monocle:

It would be irresponsible to rely on the police to protect your family in situations like this…

3 Likes

Damn… lots of stock are almost in free-fall.

Hertz acting as if they are filing for BK this week. That was a decent client to off-load a lot of cars to from manufacturers.

4 Likes

If this lasts more than ~45 days, most (all) of the rental companies are in serious trouble. I imagine them pausing fleet orders is a big part of manufacturing stopping at Big 3.

Best not to watch the markets if you’re squeamish (not saying you are), but it’s an ER after a 6 tour bus pileup.

And: still not blood in the streets. We haven’t hit bottom.

1 Like