Where do you invest your money?

The funny thing is a lot of the nasdaq besides the heavy hitters are down 50%+ already. It’s such a hustle. That’s why I get in and out. My long holds in my retirement are divi large caps and energy. It could get really ugly, if nasdaq falls another 50% all the unnecessary tech jobs will be axed, as most companies aren’t profitable, and consumer spending will be in the toilet.

1 Like

Yeah another nasdaq crash is of course going to happen. And then it will soar 200% again. Then crash. The soar. Forever and ever. I just dollar cost average into it and don’t worry about any one swing.

6 Likes

Orthogonal:

This is hilarious…

1 Like

Dumb and dumber

I am little worried about the all this debt that’s in the system. The US simply does not have enough money to even pay off the interest on its debt. The outstanding US debt is $30T

You can checked it out at https://www.cbo.gov/publication/58340
https://usdebtclock.org/

$4.8T in taxes - $3.7T in entitlements/obligations - $800B in defense spending = $300B for interest expense

We current owe $400B in interest annually. $300B - $400B= -$100B

The debt is maturing and we will need to refinance. If we rolled over the debt at only 3%. The interest payment on $30T loan is $1T. That’s not good.

Here’s a thread from Twitter talking about it:

https://twitter.com/jameslavish/status/1562078782453792768?s=21&t=q-dug00aXcfM8OxkwMfe6Q

1 Like

I personally think the problem we are facing today are the consequences of the decisions made decades ago. Ex. The Bretton Woods Agreement, US defaulting in the 70s, Nixon taking us off the gold standard, etc. They’ve been kicking the can down the road for a long time. I almost feel bad for the officials today but some of the officials are so old that they were there when these decisions were made.

are you familiar with modern monetary theory?

If you mean Keynesian Economics, I sure do!

The crux of my post above: QE infinity.

2 Likes

MMT != KE fwiw

1 Like

Just rebrand old theories and pump it to the masses. Old Sleepy Joe has been doing other peoples bits his whole life.

no thats not what MMT is:

here’s a layman’s version

What I hear is Keynesian ideology. Granted I didn’t listen to everything but I did watch the first video. Keynesian Economics support credit and leverage and the Austrian Economics support equity or productivity back 1:1 ratio or debt backed by real savings. What I don’t heart from MMT is defaults happen and will happen. For example, Argentina has defaulted three times in the past 30years and this is a G20 country. 10 years ago, the US fell from a AAA rating to a AA, and technically Canada has better credit rating than us. But that doesn’t matter because the US Credit Default Swap is trading much lower the Canada’s due to the US being the world’s lender. All I see is the US doing (same as every other G20 country) is open up a credit card, run up the balance, and then open up a new card credit with a higher interest rate plus lower rating to pay back previous loan.

1 Like

The USA will always be able to “fund” its debt. The cost of funding will rise and will crowd out ALL other markets. So corporate failures due to extreme HY market yields, and an accelerating govt debt will cause chaos. But hey, US treasuries will get “funded” :man_shrugging:

1 Like

“Always” is awfully log time…
Just like house prices “always” go up in 2008
And people “always” prioritize paying their mortgage over car payments…

2 Likes

Oh good more govt. I can’t see a singe thing that could go wrong here.

1 Like

Every single fiat currency has failed. This will be no different. Just when this one fails, it’s possible no one gets out alive… Globalization is the new variable.

2 Likes

You leave no room for optimism :smiley:

2 Likes

You have seen our “Leaders” correct? Vote of confidence…

1 Like

Exactly. What I was describing above is how the Keynesians (or dare I say MMT) think. We’ve been in this constant circle for decades now. I think the verdict is in.

1 Like