Where do you invest your money?

Even a broken analog clock is correct 2 times a day.

4 Likes

Millenials wouldnā€™t know the difference.

1 Like

I never thought Iā€™d say this, but even before todayā€™s news 2yr T-Bills and Money Markets were looking juicy starting next week, now theyā€™re looking a little spicy.

1 Like

3.75% letā€™s you halve inflation. I guess better then nothingā€¦Iā€™m getting like 2.5% now on my money market account. Def looking to roll that into something better soon.

The propaganda number was the interest rate from 2018-2020, and now weā€™re paying for that too.

That poor German robot shovel didnā€™t have to die that way.

1 Like

Donā€™t disagree there but we canā€™t let the current set of movers and shakers forget that they too are pathological liars when it comes to the effect of their absurd and reckless monetary policy and pork filled omnibus bills.

2 Likes

Praising John Goodman GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

All that spending is also inflationary, just on a slightly slower/longer time scale. And whatā€™s hard to imagine - unless you lived through it last time - is it crowding out other spending. QT would need to actually happen before anyone feels that, but if it does / they likely will. Iā€™ll take run-away inflation over crowding out again.

In the past all these down days get propped up the next 3 days or so by so called ā€œvalue investorsā€. We still have a lot of pain to come.

The last time stocks dropped this much the world was shutting down. This week should be very interesting.

7 Likes

Trend is like 9-10k on NQ. The mean reversion is gone be epic lol

Iā€™ve been investing in stocks for 20 years. Itā€™s been very simple. SPY, QQQ, DIA. With a little gambling here and there in options. But the vast majority of the Boomba retirement fortune is in those 3 SPDRs. And this is the important partā€¦DO NOT PANIC SELL!! I havenā€™t sold a dime since I started. Nice and stead, dollar cost average, donā€™t panic sell, (also donā€™t panic buy by chasing fads). Do that for a few decades and youā€™ll retire happy.

Also invest in real estate. Long term you have to really try hard to fail.

6 Likes

The funny thing is a lot of the nasdaq besides the heavy hitters are down 50%+ already. Itā€™s such a hustle. Thatā€™s why I get in and out. My long holds in my retirement are divi large caps and energy. It could get really ugly, if nasdaq falls another 50% all the unnecessary tech jobs will be axed, as most companies arenā€™t profitable, and consumer spending will be in the toilet.

1 Like

Yeah another nasdaq crash is of course going to happen. And then it will soar 200% again. Then crash. The soar. Forever and ever. I just dollar cost average into it and donā€™t worry about any one swing.

6 Likes

Orthogonal:

This is hilariousā€¦

1 Like

Dumb and dumber

I am little worried about the all this debt thatā€™s in the system. The US simply does not have enough money to even pay off the interest on its debt. The outstanding US debt is $30T

You can checked it out at https://www.cbo.gov/publication/58340
https://usdebtclock.org/

$4.8T in taxes - $3.7T in entitlements/obligations - $800B in defense spending = $300B for interest expense

We current owe $400B in interest annually. $300B - $400B= -$100B

The debt is maturing and we will need to refinance. If we rolled over the debt at only 3%. The interest payment on $30T loan is $1T. Thatā€™s not good.

Hereā€™s a thread from Twitter talking about it:

https://twitter.com/jameslavish/status/1562078782453792768?s=21&t=q-dug00aXcfM8OxkwMfe6Q

1 Like

I personally think the problem we are facing today are the consequences of the decisions made decades ago. Ex. The Bretton Woods Agreement, US defaulting in the 70s, Nixon taking us off the gold standard, etc. Theyā€™ve been kicking the can down the road for a long time. I almost feel bad for the officials today but some of the officials are so old that they were there when these decisions were made.

are you familiar with modern monetary theory?

If you mean Keynesian Economics, I sure do!

The crux of my post above: QE infinity.

2 Likes