Where do you invest your money?

And just like that, one commodity has returned from the stratosphere: :evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree::palm_tree:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-12/lumber-wipes-out-2021-gain-with-demand-ebbing-after-record-boom

Rates look like they’ll move down before they have to move up. The Fed is staring at a forest fire, contemplating which of the many flammables they are currently spraying to turn-down (Corporate debt definitely, MBS if they can solve the liquidity trap they created for themselves, QE “maybe down the line”).

Is anyone else expecting a bumpy six months?

2 Likes

Meanwhile we have been shopping for flooring and prices keep going up every month :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

BA fell to $228 in after-hours on earnings/delivery cuts. If you have been on the fence or considering adding, I’d drop a limit order before bed. I only own BA in my retirement account because of volatility.

I’ve been nonstop preaching to the choir about how weird and unhealthy this market is, especially in regards to people stretching their budgets to outbid each other on houses that definitely aren’t worth what they’re selling for.

The government is adding fuel to the fire with interest rates and doubling down with mortgage backed securities.

Something, somewhere in the system has got to give sooner than later.

3 Likes

I can’t wait for it to blow up. But for that to happen we need higher rates. 600k house is like 3000/mo at sub 3%. I sold the majority of my real estate in the last 6 months. Did very well. I’ll rent for now

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/okiliv/andy_on_ev_charge_stocks_i_like_evgo_a_lot_and/

An inflation double-feature today:

If only housing would stop at 30% YoY

4 Likes

Well I guess we know who benefitted from virus hysteria. I’m sure they have no conflicts of interest in propagating that threat, in reality they’re more of a threat to humanity then any virus ever will be.

How much was printed since the virus? 6-7 trillion. Hmmm the exact amount their market cap increased.

7 Likes

That other thread about Nikola has me thinking a bit about the next one to come… gonna grab a few RIDE 09/17/2021 5.00P and see where this ride goes. :confused:

1 Like

Been working too much haven’t had a chance to trade much but some thoughts for this week:

I’m going to be buying leaps options 6-12months+ out for COST, TGT, MRNA etc ; basically Covid plays previously, these should see a melt up with delta nonsense going on, plus the daily chart looks primed on COST with no resistance.

TSLA is in a wedge on daily if it breaks $697.50 we could see $700+, A LOT of options activity for this Friday 8/6; wouldn’t be surprised if they push it this week. .

Think we see a big market pullback sometime after 3rd week of August. Just my opinion though!

Pretty sure my uvxy bet on Friday should make 30-50% tomorrow with all the fear mongering going on. But in this bizarro economy I’ll likely lose money.

I wouldn’t say 30 to 50% return tomorrow!!! Maybe 3 to 5% if anything stocks will probably skyrocket because of all the fed fun money.

I’ve caught 20% gains in less news then this weekend cdc fumbles. They’re def mask mandating again and talking lockdowns. That should be enough to make it jump 50%. But I agree, they will release some fed pr

ETH be good the last week. if you follow ETH , a good trade weekly.

Hmm… Some BLNK and PLUG calls, perhaps?

Edit: Aaaaand BLNK just printed enough for my appetite. I’m outta here.

I have decided to invest my money in shitty Porsche Cayenne leases. Hey it’s YOLO and free, right?

4 Likes

MRNA and AMD calls were insane this week. 1200% lol

Keep an eye on EXPE this week!

Well then… this is starting to become fun :money_mouth_face::bear: :bear:

I really hope some of y’all joined me on this one… it’s been lovely taking free money from a :clown_face:

amc gme doge

1 Like