Where are the 2 year lease deals? 3 years is way too long!

Hello,
I’m new here and I am from lower Michigan. First post so here it goes. Take it easy on this newbie please. I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered but I couldn’t find any info on it.
Do any manufacturers offer 2 year lease deals anymore? I can’t seem to find many. I feel that is the sweet spot on any lease. I don’t want to wait 3 years for a new vehicle! Leasing is only convenient when I can get a new car every 2 years imo.

Thank you.

Almost all do although they are typically more expensive so 36 (or even 39 months) are advertised. In rare case (i.e high incentives available), 24 months can be cheaper.

You can get residual for any length available via Edmunds to get a sense of what may lease best under that term.

2 Likes

I understand wanting a new car in two years but why is 3 any less convenient. Most manufacturers offer 2 year leases they just don’t really advertise them and 3 years is usually the sweet spot for pricing.

Many of them do, it’s just that those offers don’t get taken up by most people.

Like Britten said, find the MF, RV and incentives for 24-month terms on Edmunds forums

It’s personal choice.

If they’re willing to pay the premium, all the power to him or her.

Agreed my question was pertaining to the convenience. I was asking how 2 years is more convenient than 3.

The OP’s goal is to get into a new car every two years.

He or she doesn’t owe you an explanation as to “why”

1 Like

You might consider putting the vehicle up for transfer for the last 12 months. As long as it’s a manufacturer that allows transfers and you got a decent deal, you shouldn’t have issue doing that and getting another vehicle when you get bored.

This is a forum where we discuss things. Of course they don’t “owe” me anything. I don’t understand why you seam to have such a problem with me asking. I didn’t stop them on the side of the road to ask them this. They made a post. I asked a question about part of it which is done hundreds of times a day on this site.

3 Likes

I did a 24 month lease on an Alfa Romeo back in October. A 36 month lease was techically cheaper but not by much. So I would argue that for that month, and that particular program, the 24 month deal was the sweet spot. Trouble is these programs change every month. Good luck and keep us updated!

I used to see 2 year leases advertised the majority of the time. Since they started advertising 3 year lease deals its now more money per month to get a 2 year lease deal. It didn’t used to be that way. I got into leasing years ago and I loved the fact I could drive a new vehicle every 2 years for a inexpensive payment. Now I can still get that inexpensive payment but Im stuck with the same vehicle for 3 years and I feel like its too long. Especially since manufacturers update their products so frequently that its tough to keep up with the newest and best.

Its just like new phones. As soon as u purchase a new phone a newer version gets released and the one you just bought is outdated!!

1 Like

I’ve been leasing cars for 20 years and cannot
ever recall a 24 month lease being advertised more often than 36 or more. There have always been a smattering of 24 month programs, but they’ve never been the norm and not on every car.

That said, you can always get a 24 month lease. You just might pay more for it. Just like they say, you can’t Always have your cake and eat it too.

2 Likes

laughs in 2017-2018 BMW fart car

1 Like

I agree. Manufacturers always advertise lowest monthly based on current programs, so they will show 24, 27 or 39 as long as it is lower.

1 Like

My fist ever lease was 27 months… My current lease is 36 months and I’m bored beyond belief with it. What’s ultimately the best deal is irrelevant to me. I only want the best deal for the terms I’m looking for.

Every time you sign a new lease, you pay for that privilege in the form of an Acquisition Fee. For Audi’s, it’s now up to $895 (from $695).

If that’s not an issue, as others have said- you certainly can do 24 month leases. There’s just a price and typically higher RV/MFs, but there are some unicorns out there if you do your research. (and you must love lease hacking every other year!).

[3 years is just about right for me personally].

Usually depends on a combination of discount, rebates, and what not. Sometimes it comes out better for 24, sometimes 36.

I always look for the best deal. I have had several rock bottom unicorn or similar rock bottom leases that were 24 months. In those cases the programs were strictly structured as 24. I would have done 36 on either one. By the way I was able to call the lease company on one of them and extend a few months at the same price. I dont drive much these days but 39 month leases are for suckers. Why? Because you may get away without tire replacement at 36. At 39 much harder. Tires are expensive.

1 Like

Everything that can be said has been.