When to buy a minivan this year?

I’m looking to buy (or lease) a new minivan at some point this year. I’m in no rush and am comfortable being patient.

The minivan I’m most interested in now is a Sienna, but I’m nauseated by the thought of paying MSRP plus blessings for the privilege of driving around in a minivan.

My thought is this: with significant changes coming to the Kia Carnival (hybrid option) and the introduction of the VW ID Buzz later this year, some of the demand might be better spread out across these brands which may result in a “reasonable” transaction price for either a Sienna or Carnival. I’m also holding out hope Honda might finally make a meaningful change to the Odyssey. Oh, and there’s always the looming threat of a recession to potentially help with pricing.

What are your thoughts? I understand these models have been selling like hotcakes, so I’m interested in hearing if any of these factors might lead to a better buying environment later this year

1 Like

Vans are in low production. High Demand, but low production…on purpose I think.

So there is ‘no time’, EXCEPT when someone posts a 1 off Sienna, that happens once a month usually in the 3rd / 4 week of each month. Grab it right then.
Except for the Honda, it’s old now (and not a hybrid) so discounts can be had.

1 Like

Order a Sienna or Carnival for no more than MSRP. During the height of Telluride mania (even post- and pre-Covid) it was possible to order them at sticker. So why wouldn’t a Carnival be available the same way.

Wait until hybrid orders open up if you want that version.

1 Like