Wheel & Tire Hackr

My order was delivered to my BMW dealer within four days of my order. I ordered 1/22 and delivered 1/26.

1 Like

eBay has come through for me multiple times. Put these on my X3 and drove for 10k before selling to dealer. No issues.

2 Likes

Gonna have to look into this. Only got 21k miles on my E300, but the rears are almost at the tread markers. Definitely won’t make it to December when the lease is up.

Where are people taking the used eBay tires to get installed? I can imagine some tire shops might not install tires that weren’t purchased from them?

I take mine to NTB. National Tire and Battery

Tire shops install tires purchased elsewhere all the time

But definitely don’t buy used tires without seeing the price of new tires first.

Not sure I’m following?

Edit: If you looked at my post history and are referring to my leased loaner, I’m not sure how that makes any difference? I wfh every day and will probably put all of 4000 miles on my car before I turn it in. $700 for two new tires on the rears is a waste of money for such little use.

Just fixed my post. Compare the price of new vs used tires.

Ah gotcha.

I was researching and it seems I can save quite a bit.

New:

Used:

Remember, those are sets of two. Make sure you get them with enough tread to last until you sell the lease.

Yeah, it’s only my rears that are close. Fronts have plenty of tread and should make it without problem.

The 10/32 are cheap enough already, but I’m gonna keep an eye out for some cheaper 8 or 9s. All of which should easily get me to December, in the event I can’t sell it to a dealer sometime in the fall.

you know i never knew that people bought used tires. as odd as that sounds to type out loud. just something that never really crossed my mind as a thing people did.

after spending 800 on a new set of 4 i can see the appeal.

I sent an email asking about order status… silly me, I thought I should know when the tires would arrive before scheduling the installation.

As it turns out, they will not ship tires to the mobile installer until the appointment has been set up.

I don’t recall seeing that anywhere.
:roll_eyes:

Inexplicably they called me in response to Friday’s email inquiry, which makes zero sense, and I didn’t notice the VM from yesterday until just a few minutes ago.

Now the appointment is set up for Thursday.

I got the shipping notification email early this morning.

Now, fresh from my inbox:

We are reaching out to let you know we will have to reschedule your installation appointment due to shipping, we are sorry for the inconvenience. If you would like to reschedule or if you have any questions, please call us at 888-680-2727.

:clown_face:

1 Like

just got these since lease is done in april and currents have have no tread.
ended up going to costco and buying new tires and will keep them once vehicle is returned. hoping costco just switches them.

1 Like

Tires were delivered to the mobile installer on the revised delivery date, and the installers showed up on time this morning.

They wrapped up the job in my driveway in about 25 minutes. :+1:

Even with the initial scheduling annoyances, I’m never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever going to sit for half an afternoon at a tire store again (or heaven forbid, at Costco :face_vomiting: ).

1 Like

Look at you, Mr. Fancy Pants. You’ve been going to tire shops that had chairs?

1 Like

Mostly the red vinyl kind (Discount Tire).

I used to actively seek locations that had a restaurant within a short walk, which is how I discovered this sandwich at Balboa’s Tap House. :drooling_face:

I like your strategies for picking establishments

Gets me out of my bubble. :slight_smile:

Do dealer-installed tires generally come with road hazard protection?

Specifically, I may need to replace one tire that was installed by the BMW dealer when the car was CPOd prior to my purchase.

I don’t have immediate access to my CPO documents, hence this post in case someone has direct experience or their own documentation nearby.