Wheel & Tire Hackr

Sounds high for a donut.

OK, that’s two of us. :smiley:

Pretty sure you can find non-OEM alternatives. I bought a donut for Mercedes fitment once off eBay. Try that or tire rack.

1 Like

This is the one I had been looking at. Modern Spare. They also sell on Amazon.
Amazon and Amex are running a targeted promotion where you get a discount if you use 1 Amex Point and get 10 to 40% off of a purchase. Look on the Points Guy website or just google it. The link gave me 20% off. Max discount is 40 dollars.

1 Like

I’m going to answer my own question in case it helps someone else later.

The tires that were installed by the BMW dealer when my CPO vehicle was certified came with one year of road hazard coverage (just confirmed with the selling dealer).

Separately, a different BMW dealer replaced one of my tires this week, and this tire also has 12 months of road hazard coverage included.

As a frame of reference, Tire Rack includes 24 months of coverage with the tires it sells.

Hi All,

Going to be getting 4 basic all season tires on a sedan and was wondering if I have missed any places that might be cheaper.

I’ve looked at Costco, Sam’s Club, Walmart, Midas, and DiscountTire.

Walmart has the best price thus far (around $400/installed).

Any other places I should be looking or that offer free installation?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I used Tire Rack last time, and used their mobile installation service (which was about < $10 [total] more than the local installer options).

I didn’t have to leave the driveway. It’s hard to put a price on not sitting in the waiting room at a tire store all afternoon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! Just checked on their website and it seems the prices are about $30/tire more than Walmart.

I do love the mobile option though!

Decisions.

Too bad. :frowning:

In my case the price for the tires I needed was also lower than I could find elsewhere.

That’s why it takes shopping around.

Perhaps the earlier posts in this thread will have some useful info.

Happy shopping.

1 Like

Will definitely take a look. Thanks again

1 Like

There’s a lot of bad tires out there especially at the bottom end.

Some of them are useless in snow.

What brand and model of tires are we talking about? Size?

Costco=nitrogen. Just say’in.

1 Like

Was looking at Fullway HP108 and Kuhmo LX Platinum 17 inch tires from Walmart.

I know these are near the bottom in terms of tires, was looking for cheaper tires to last me another year or so.

Thoughts?

Edit: I have 5/32s on both fronts and 4/32s on the backs, but have a decent sized nail in one of the backs. It’s a FWD vehicle, so might it be more cost efficient/smarter to just replace the backs if I’m only going to have the vehicle for another 6-10 months?

Really good deal for one of the OEM BMW X7 tires with the 21 inch setup.

$1100 for all 4 tires with 2 year roadside coverage… Cant beat in todays pricing on similar tires.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P+Zero+Run+Flat+(PZ4)&partnum=845YR1PZ4XLRFTOS&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=BMW&autoYear=2020&autoModel=X7%20xDrive40i&autoModClar=Runflat%20Tire

2 Likes

Don’t go below Kumho quality. Stay away from unknown brands like Fullway.

Look up Falken: arguably better tires for Kumho money.

Do you have Mavis near you? They have a toll-free number you can call to price-match. In the past I’ve had them package the tires + road hazard + mount/balance for the price of Tirerack’s shipped price.

Thanks for the suggestion. I do have a Midas near me. But they charge $80 for an “Installation Center Overhead And Stocking Fee” and an additional $80 for “Computer Balance Package Fee” per their website.

Any way around that?

Edit: Mavis, not Midas

Never used Midas.

Local Pep Boys was $12.50/tire for mounting and balancing for non-low profile tires shipped from TR.

Or see Mavis tactics above.

Sorry, I meant to say Mavis.

Call the toll-free number and ask for an OTD total price that beats TR.

Just went through this ordering Michelin All Seasons for our Y performance. We put together a package through Tirebuyer.com including their “INSTALL15” coupon code. I printed that out, I took it to discount tire and they matched the price including the discount and ordered the tires for me. Saved $250.

1 Like